• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Very nice Alan. I havent even considered the Dime set yet. Theres just too many of them for me to focus on. I pretty much have my hands full with my Kennedy set and 2 sets of statehood quarters (set of slabbed S proofs and a P,D,S,Silver proof Dansco set). I figure that way if I notice a good deal for any of those I can pick them up as I find them.

-Chris#2

Thanks Chris

My Dime collection is getting there but I still have a long way to go.

They are all DCAM69 and some are silver and first strike.

Alan

Edited by acan451

Was ably to pick up the

Complete set Westward Journey Jefferson Nickels BU

For less than $3.00

Pictures to follow soon.

I will be able to ad these to my Dansco one day, so seemed like a good buy.

Alan

Wow Chris

That is going to be an amazing collection,

I just love that series, and have a three PF 70

But getting all the States is going to take me a very long time.

I wish you the best of luck with your collection.

Alan

Thank you Alan, I wish all mine were PF70's but I just cant justify the cost of the 70's versus the 69's unless I wanted to be in contention for the #1 registry set. But I do agree, I feel its going to be a fantastic looking set as well. Its just going to take some time to purchase them all. These that I have posted so far I purchased for $14.99 each with free shipping. Some will cost me much more I am sure such as the 1999 Georgia and the 1999 Delaware. From what I have seen at a price standing point, those two seem to be the ones that demand a higher premium. But I am always on the look out for a good deal on them as I can find and afford them.

I am a bit concerned about the Virgina one though, its starting to show a good bit of toning already. I will more than likely pick up a second one and just monitor the progress of the toning on the one I currently have over time.

-Chris#2

Some new Jefferson's I just got in the mail

2007,2008 and 2009

Alan

200789dcam.jpg

Very nice Alan! Did you buy these for a specific set or just too good of a price to pass by?

-Chris#2

Hey Chris#2

I am building a set of slabbed and raw in a Dansco

I should only take about 20 years lol

Alan

lol I know that feeling all too well. I'm working on slabed proof quarters and a dansco set that inclueds the proofs as well plus just for fun, putting a dansco together of circulated quarters for the statehood set as well.

-Chris#2

Great coins guys!! Chris I was the same as you. I couldn't see why I should pay huge prices for 1 mark better when I can't tell the difference. I just wanted a full set!!

Hey Chris#2

First of all your pictures are GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The coins are amazing and you collection is really growing.

I do have several of these coins but mine are all samples.

They are one of my favourite things to collect.

Alan

I really enjoy the military themed commemoratives from the Mint and they usually do a good job with the designs. I am looking foward to receiving the MOH coins shortly. I just received these back from NGC.

111739.jpg.3f40aff6191f509fb5ecdbd8d834d74d.jpg

111740.jpg.e44b78e1b9cab5b762502a03fb3f74ed.jpg

very nice Commens for sure. I havent picked up many of the newer ones yet, but I have alot of the 1976 bicentennial Commens. I've been working on getting all the different coins, medals, commens etc that I can find for that year since its my birth year and I was born on the 4th of july.

-Chris#2

Nice seeing the new Army Commems - I just got my coins from the Mint a couple of weeks ago and I have not had any of the 1982+ Commems certified. I have kept them all in their original capsules and have them in an Eagle album.