• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,913 posts in this topic

Nice looking Washies. Is that 52' cameo also?
The 1952 is definitely a cameo...in fact I'm hoping it'd have a shot at a UCAM/DCAM; unfortunately, that'd be hard to accomplish without dipping away the color. I'm not skilled enough to show the color and contrast in the same photo here's another set that brings out the contrast a bit more. And oh yeah...did I mention it's also a Superbird?

195225cB.jpg

Well it's a nice washie. I'm not really seeing Dcam, of course you have it in-hand, but I do see some cameo. It just looked like it may be broken is why I asked. (thumbs u on the Superbird also.

Some "Super" Quarters!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

1921_Missouri_Brochure_Cover.jpg

Official souvenir program Missouri 1821-1921 Centennial Exposition and State Fair held in Sedalia, Missouri on August 8-20. Soft cover book containing 109 pages.

Nice looking Washies. Is that 52' cameo also?
The 1952 is definitely a cameo...in fact I'm hoping it'd have a shot at a UCAM/DCAM; unfortunately, that'd be hard to accomplish without dipping away the color. I'm not skilled enough to show the color and contrast in the same photo here's another set that brings out the contrast a bit more. And oh yeah...did I mention it's also a Superbird?

195225cB.jpg

They are stunning Washies but please, PLEASE don't dip the 1952!!!!

Here is another new one.

Now any advice is welcome since have just started to collect

this type coin.

Thanks

Alan

1936bufflo.jpg

1936buffllo2.jpg

Edited by acan451

Well Alan your Buff looks about VF30-35. Also looks to have a little PVC damage spots on the Obv and a little in the letters on the Rev.

Hey Bobby

I wish I had your eye for detail.

But I guess that comes wit time and experience.

Now I only paid a few dollars for the coin, so would you say all in all

I got a good coin for the money.

Since I found that Dansco so cheep I thought I would slowly start a Buffalo as well.

Thanks Bobby

Alan

I'm having fun getting these :) Love how you can basically see the surface image behind itself when you look at them from an angle :)

Soon I will post a total of 12 more of these (1 clad, 11 silver) once they arrive to the house.

-Chris#2

2000-Maryland-S-Clad-full.jpg

2000-Maryland-S-Clad.jpg

Love the 45-S Mercury toner Filthy-H. Excellent photos too.

I just picked up a very nice blast white 1943-S Merc in an old NGC no line fatty holder that graded MS66 FB.

Hopefully I'll get some time to photograph it during my day off on Monday.

Love the 45-S Mercury toner Filthy-H. Excellent photos too.

I just picked up a very nice blast white 1943-S Merc in an old NGC no line fatty holder that graded MS66 FB.

Hopefully I'll get some time to photograph it during my day off on Monday.

Thanks HiHo, I'm having fun with my new camera and lens. Not a pro yet, but I'm beginning to get the hang of it :)

Here's three that arrived today.

2004-s-silver-25c-Michigan.jpg

2000-s-silver-25c-Maryland.jpg

2004-s-clad-25c-florida.jpg

Will post more as they arrive.

-Chris#2

Nice stuff Chris#2, but be careful the state quarters become very addictive!!

Nice stuff Chris#2, but be careful the state quarters become very addictive!!

I agree 100%. But it has been fun so far, not only for me, but for my niece as well who is very interested in coins as well. In fact the last time we went to the local coin shop, she was the one that pointed out the clad Maryland quarter that I hadnt even noticed sitting way in the back of the display case behind rolls of Kennedy's.

-Chris#2