• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,940 posts in this topic

Hello, I've been on a 3 year hiatus from this site, so I apologize if this is the wrong Forum, but I couldn't find a Forum dedicated to talking about Precious Metals. This is my newp. Dont know much about it other than I paid what I feel was a hefty premium, but I had not seen anything like it before. About all I've determined so far is that there were only 5000 made, but I dont know the total certified NGC pop. is. I have the Smithsonian Inst. black bag it came in, but no COA unfortunately.

Any help would be appreciated as to fair value and NGC Pop.

Also, why isn't there a Forum for PM's, or am I just not able to find it?

100unionfobv.jpg

100unionfrev.jpg

100unionobv.jpg

100unionrev.jpg

Hello, I've been on a 3 year hiatus from this site, so I apologize if this is the wrong Forum, but I couldn't find a Forum dedicated to talking about Precious Metals. This is my newp. Dont know much about it other than I paid what I feel was a hefty premium, but I had not seen anything like it before. About all I've determined so far is that there were only 5000 made, but I dont know the total certified NGC pop. is. I have the Smithsonian Inst. black bag it came in, but no COA unfortunately.

Any help would be appreciated as to fair value and NGC Pop.

Also, why isn't there a Forum for PM's, or am I just not able to find it?

100unionfobv.jpg

100unionfrev.jpg

100unionobv.jpg

100unionrev.jpg

I have one of these also that was minted in 2005 only it's just 1.5oz silver. I forgot where I bought this from, actually my wife bought it for me, but it was $99 then. The black bag is the only thing that came with these, no COA. Here's mine!

2005GeorgeTMorgan1876100UnionObv.jpg

2005GeorgeTMorgan1876100UnionRev.jpg

Hey

onlykeydates4me

Beautiful PM'S just outstanding.......

a P M form would be fun and interesting

I just picketed these up last week

Alan

CEGb7jgCWkKGrHqMOKpIE0U64yNrBNQyhZDkEw_12.jpg

CEYH1LwBWkKGrHqEOKnQEz0C1wSekBNRs4fOpg_3.jpg

CEYHzUmkKGrHqQOKjE0KjylPeBNRs4ZtQgw_3.jpg

Hey bsshog40

It was your Jeffs" that inspired me to start collecting them

Alan

]

That's cool. I really have no idea what got me going. I guess it was when my wife bought me a slabbed jeff a while back and I just took it from there. It's been fun with them.

Hey Bobby

The three Jefferson's

I picked up for $13.50. PCGS value is $20.00 a piece

I also just go this for $4.50 PCGS value $27.00 lol.

Thanks Bobby

Alan

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i458/acan451/KGrHqUOKjkE0fYIlIneBNYYoJQ_12.jpg' alt='KGrHqUOKjkE0fYIlIneBNYYoJQ_12.jpg'>

KGrHqQOKj4E00U3F9qjBNYYrYbDw_12.jpg

Edited by acan451

Sorry Bobby

The top coin is a one troy ounce Reproduction Morgan.

I just think it is a beautiful coin.

And onlykeydates4me is correct silver is a sign of the times'

But I find if you can get some good value slabbed coins at a resonable price it is also a good investment, I hope lol.

Alan

Ok , I picked this up for my 21st century type set but something about the obverse cameo of these coins really appeals to me so it is now also the first of my Kennedy proof set.

(sellers photo)

110222.jpg.94338f4bdbb85d4454e34ad48ce4cf1b.jpg

Thanks guys. I like type 1 best also Jeff. I just have to pay a little more for those early double eagles.

Nice coins (thumbs u Mark always has nice stuff and the CC Morgan dollars are cool...

I agree, I have one of the same date, 1852 in AU-53, bought it around 2003 and thought I paid too much for what today is about half the melt value! :preach:

I would have thought that was a good deal even then. I have a soft spot for antebellum gold coins. I can still recall the joy when I purchased my first (a New Orleans quarter eagle from the early 1850s in AU53).

Edited by coinman_23885

Thanks Bobby

I hope to some day have a set like yours.

Hey Nunfa0 Nice Kennedy I'm with you there is something about this coin that catches your eye.

Got some more on the way will post them when I get them.

Got this one today

Alan

KGrHqUOKpYE0VGNPOSBNtFkO5v_12-1.jpg

Edited by acan451

Some great looking coins everyone! :applause:

I particularly like your '56 Washie, Jon. (thumbs u

As far as precious metals forums go, there is one ATS:

PM link

Just received my latest Sacagawea in the mail today. Any marks are just from my total lack of photography skills.

110325.jpg.c0cb4451f28e497a2f73892383dac361.jpg

110326.jpg.c70445564f4696d41336326e2995e410.jpg

That is a hansome proof nunfaO. I see your from Christchurch, hope all is well. I just picked up a few proofs from NZ. This coin isn't one of them unfortunately. PCGS saw fit to give it MS66PL. It is hard for me to believe it is not a proof. They made some fine specimens I suppose. I've heard only 10 proof sets were minted and maybe....nice to dream anyway.

110341.jpg.3b0ce172db67857fc62e5ff7b6e80cbc.jpg

That is a beautiful half penny!! Yes the proof sets are incredibly rare. So rare that they are not even listed in the NZ coin guide books. Most of the sets were polished for that year and the next 3 years after.

As for the Sac it is a PR69 Ucam.