• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

I have an 1898 Date Set and I saw this at FUN

and contacted the dealer when I got home, so,

I should have this in hand with a day or two...

1898CentPCGS64DoubleStruck.jpg

Its in a PCGS 64 Holder.

I like the originality of them both, and I really like the color on the 46D. I would have waited for a better struck coin, however. Is that a toning spot, or a mark, or what is that on Liberty's breasts on the 1943D? Almost looks like some sort of friction.

I'll go ahead and post my recent Walker acquisition also, although it's not quite as high grade as Mark's. Just bought this last night from JJ Teaparty. Its my first circulated Walker - the early half of the series I am going to assemble in XF.

15449986O.jpg

I like the originality of them both, and I really like the color on the 46D. I would have waited for a better struck coin, however. Is that a toning spot, or a mark, or what is that on Liberty's breasts on the 1943D? Almost looks like some sort of friction.

The mark on the 43-D seems like some sort of minor strike flaw becuase it looks like raised metal , but I have to admit I do not know what it is . If it was an issue the coin would not have received the CAC certification unless they missed the spot. It is obvious on the coin so I do not think that was the case. Either way I may send this one over to CAC just to make sure. MS 67 is the highest grade for a 1946-D , based on what I see for other 46-D MS 67's I think the strike for this coin is probably average , I would not call it weak overall other then the thumb. When I have the time I will get some good macro shots for you and post them to photobucket.

Edited by Mark T

Nice walkers boyz!!!!!!! I'm stuck and in a rut on my toned short set. Still need the same seven : (

MJ

Certainly has a chance at 66 Jon....sorta looks like a 65.7 to me....so who knows which way they will go with it. Typically the color will push it up to the next grade when the technical merrits might be borderline on the next grade up (thumbs u

The only hit on the obverse is right on the cheek, and the reverse has only 1 hit right on the steps.

the chatter on the jaw bone isn't contact marks as far as I know, looks like that's on the planchet. :)

Certainly has a chance at 66 Jon....sorta looks like a 65.7 to me....so who knows which way they will go with it. Typically the color will push it up to the next grade when the technical merrits might be borderline on the next grade up (thumbs u

That coin has no shot at MS66 in a PCGS holder, but MS66* NGC is within range. I think it will stay at 65 with a major mark on both sides. Having said that, I guess I should unveil my newest Jefferson Nickel. An MS67* 1963 with mindblowing color, questionable as it is. The toning is iridescent and I needed to use diffused lighting to capture the color. The obverse is gorgeous and the reverse makes me think I am very lucky the coin is in a slab.

JeffersonNickel1963NGCMS67Star.jpg

Very pretty nickel.....I have seen other nickels with similar colors and toning patterns in holders so if they got that wrong they have gotten a lot wrong in the past. (thumbs u

Well this was a Buy-It-Now on eBay.

I have been looking for a half-dollar waffle for about a year at a good price.

It the NGC slab they usually sell for $49+ and I got this one for $22.49.

I am building a waffle set.....only the dime, penny and dollar left.

50CWaffle.jpg

50CWaffle2.jpg

50CWaffle3.jpg

http://s585.photobucket.com/albums/ss297/guitarman102357/Walking%20Liberty%20Half%20Dollars/

Better pictures .

Gorgeous '63 Jefferson Paul! That toning is legit and looks like toning similar to those black aftermarket mint set holders from around 1957-1964

I love it!!! (thumbs u

I am really digging that SLQ!

Bought some upgrades for my 7070...

649b.jpg650b.jpg

654b.jpg653b.jpg

655b.jpg656b.jpg

And I bought a couple of additions to my registery 7070. This 3CN and an MS65 Type 1 buffalo nickel. You guys will have to wait for pics of the buffalo, as I can't seem to get good ones this morning but It has a hammered strike.

This 3CN has some hard core clashing going on, if you look closely you can see the entire siloette of liberty on the reverse.

18653CN.jpg