• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

I like it, Shane. (thumbs u Interesting combo... toner and cameo. Is there any toning on the reverse? I have never followed toned Franklin proofs, so I'm up in the air as to the toning, but my best guess if it's a one sided toner is that it was in an album.

No toning on the reverse.....it's an odd bird for sure but I like the cameo look on the reverse and the toning on the obverse...would normally expect to see some rim toning on the reverse as well? Almost like the reverse was in a cointain and they left the top half off off or something which allowed the obverse to tone...know what I mean :screwy:

This is perhaps the best example of a coin "better" than expected. The images on ebay were "muddy" and made me cautious with my bidding. I received the coin today and was very pleased with this PCGS ms64. The photo falls short of exhibiting the true luster.

I like that one OP

This is perhaps the best example of a coin "better" than expected. The images on ebay were "muddy" and made me cautious with my bidding. I received the coin today and was very pleased with this PCGS ms64. The photo falls short of exhibiting the true luster.

I like that one OP

Nice addition OP and Shane (thumbs u

Nice addition OP and Shane (thumbs u

These aren't US Coins but my step-son bought these for me in Scotland. He gave them to me today.

RoyalFamilyCollection.jpg

Cool Bobby! I like them coins! What are the denominations?

Picked these three dimes up today from another collector [ 1896-O;

1904-S; 1911-D ]

All are PCGS 58 - and all upgrades for my certified AU 55's.

One of these days, I'll get the raw collection imaged, they're

all in the 55-58 range as well.

89099.jpg.61ff99fb0c3c7477d1ee620241e14bd7.jpg

89100.jpg.6b5d1cd9501e2674547d29cfea2ddf70.jpg

89101.jpg.e1dd8fc94de3eea6b5ac629e95b6f095.jpg

Bobby, that's a fun Brit. royal family collection there! :applause:

Jon, sweet '57 nickel! :applause:

Bruce, that's an attractive '55 1/2 cent. (thumbs u I don't know about the 1/2 cent but for the large cent the slanted 55 variety is worth more than the straight up and down variety, and it looks like your piece is the slanted '55 variety.

ES, some very sweet looking Barbers! :applause:

Wow Jon that Nickel is a knockout (worship) and....

Some real sweet Barbers :banana:

Picked these three dimes up today from another collector [ 1896-O;

1904-S; 1911-D ]

All are PCGS 58 - and all upgrades for my certified AU 55's.

One of these days, I'll get the raw collection imaged, they're

all in the 55-58 range as well.

Holy smokes... what a beautiful bunch of coins everyone :golfclap:

I've been putting together an 1818 year set (ex the one gold) and this is where I ended up. The quarter should be arriving today I hope. In the mean time I used the sellers pics. I posted the cent separately in a thread hoping to solicit comments on it as I'm not very knowledgable on copper coins.

1818YearSet-1.jpg

That 1866 Quarter is a true joy to gaze upon !!

Thanks so very much for sharing it !!

Thanks for all the positive comments on the quarter. It came from JJ Teaparty. I don't usually see early proofs there so I was quite surprised to find it. It happens to fit in very well with the rest of my 1866 Cameo Proof Set.

The holder is heavily scratched over the date, hence the subdued lighting in my image. The whole proof set will be multi-holdered soon and maybe I can get some better images.

Picked this up a couple of weeks ago, finally got around to taking its picture. 1951 NGC MS-65FBL. Upgrades a 64FBL I had - but that one will not be for sale! My upgraded 1951 is my DDR-005 discovery piece :) I like the toning around the edges on this new one.

89184.jpg.ebb97e34d44a3362d08d954491f1b18e.jpg

89185.jpg.946d7ed4e247738c93edd1f0f6a04e0d.jpg