• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,915 posts in this topic

One from the Goldberg Sale and one from Teletrade. The Goldberg Sale is actually a medal. The 1881 Yorktown Centennial Medal is NGC MS62 and it should compliment my Lafayette Dollar nicely. The Teletrade coin is just a rainbow toned MS68* Jefferson war Nickel.

1881YorktownMedal2.jpg

JeffersonNickel1943-SNGCMS68Star.jpg

I was going to bid on that sample slab....good thing I didn't cause I would have just run up your bid (thumbs u

Thanks Shane!! I am always bidding on those Rainbow Roosies!!

I thought it was pretty cool being in a sample slab.

Nice one Jamie....but what is "Sample" if you don't mind me asking?

Sample means that they are freebies that NGC hand out at coin shows.

They were showing off the new slabs. You often see them with no numerical grade.

Like this one Link or Link

Just picked this coin up

and its a nice PL - but PCGS

doesn't hand out that designation

for anything less than Morgans... :o

Its in a PCGS MS 64 Holder.

86005.jpg.77ca43f9c524c7ede4ef6487e1702380.jpg

Fish, is that a 63D? Great toning, and even moreso for a 65FBL! You've got quite a find there!

No and since it is obviously not mint set toned, that only leaves a few years left. Looks to be an EOR. Reverse holdered without a star. :)

86062.jpg.d826efbd169cc3fde8bac691ac5b370d.jpg

86063.jpg.a85ed738b92e83d7a3a1e67427323a69.jpg

Ah, I was at least on the right track! I knew it had to be EOR, and it appears very similar to my 1963D shown here: http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/CoinDetail.aspx?PeopleCoinID=495385&PeopleSetID=72805 , which is why I said that (this is a semi-common pattern for 63D).

This is an incredibly nice 59D! Very nice pickup, and you appear to be building quite a nice set of Franklins!