• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,914 posts in this topic

jpolz......so what is the grade.....we know it is in a NGC holder!!

Its in an NCS holder.

Its a dang beautiful coin. (thumbs u

Well I've kind of been in a buying slump lately but I managed to pick up this nice crusty 1902-o Morgan the other day. I still haven't received it yet but these are the pics from the auction :

CRUSTY1902oMORGANNGCMS65OBV.jpg[/img]

CRUSTY1902oMORGANNGCMS65REV.jpg[/img]

Thanks Schatzy. I'm hoping it will be another "better-in-hand" Teletrade auction coin. In most cases their photos usually look like :censored:

Heritage auctions are the worst for toned coins.....teletrade does a lot better job but still not the best.

Its in an NCS holder.

What? Do you know why?

Its in an NCS holder.

What? Do you know why?

Yes it is in an NCS holder. VF Details. Scratched.

I liked the look of the coin initially and looked as closely as pics would allow and couldn't see any scratches that concerned me. Then I did that again 3 more times before deciding that whatever NCS saw either didn't bother me or was hidden by the photos and it was time to pull the pin and bid. I'm very happy with the price I paid, and seeing the coin in-hand it looks exactly like those pics.

I haven't put it under a UV light yet. When I do that, maybe I'll see something else. Maybe I won't do that -- you know how it is, once you know a problem is there your eyes get drawn to it? At least, not for a while. For now I'm going to just enjoy it.

Thanks for the replies!

Its in an NCS holder.

What? Do you know why?

Yes it is in an NCS holder. VF Details. Scratched.

I liked the look of the coin initially and looked as closely as pics would allow and couldn't see any scratches that concerned me. Then I did that again 3 more times before deciding that whatever NCS saw either didn't bother me or was hidden by the photos and it was time to pull the pin and bid. I'm very happy with the price I paid, and seeing the coin in-hand it looks exactly like those pics.

I haven't put it under a UV light yet. When I do that, maybe I'll see something else. Maybe I won't do that -- you know how it is, once you know a problem is there your eyes get drawn to it? At least, not for a while. For now I'm going to just enjoy it.

Thanks for the replies!

I'd crack and send it back in. It really does look lovely from the pics.

jpoltz - very nice coin and quite attractive - I couldn't see any thing wrong

with it to warrant an NCS holder,,, guess you must have to tilt the coin at

different angles to see any scratch. If I were working on a 7070 Dansco Type

album, I'd crack that baby out immediately. Its got tons of details and

I'd be proud to own it. Great pick up - congratulations.

I picked up a beautiful 1900 Phily quarter last week in a PCGS 64 holder;

sorry to say the images are too large to post @ 196Kb. The coin has great

toning and although that date wasn't on my short list to be upgraded, I just

couldn't let this coin pass me by. It can be viewed [ still ] on the seller's web

site: HolsonbakeNumismatics.com - if you'd like to view it.

The owner, Glenn Holsonbake is a real Barber fan - and is wonderful to work with.

As a matter of fact, Glenn has consigned his Barber Half collection to Bowers & Merena

for their ANA sale the beginning of next month. { My old 1892-O Micro O in PCGS 55 will be in that sale.}

There will be an array of some fantastic original toned halves

in that auction and - yes - I have my eyes on one to upgrade a date in my set of Halves.

Just tried adding the 1900-P Quarter - no dice. Sorry.

Edited by Elbesaar

Well I've kind of been in a buying slump lately but I managed to pick up this nice crusty 1902-o Morgan the other day. I still haven't received it yet but these are the pics from the auction :

CRUSTY1902oMORGANNGCMS65OBV.jpg[/img]

CRUSTY1902oMORGANNGCMS65REV.jpg[/img]

Well, I received the coin yesterday & here are my pics. I think they're an improvement from the teletrade pics. Hope you agree.

1902Omorgancomboms65.jpg

016-1.jpg[/img]

019.jpg[/img]

Bunch of Heritage wins just a while ago. Great points on these for my set, and of course nice gold content.

And puts me over 100,000 points & top 500 woohoo !! ;)

obvh.jpgobvm.jpg

obvv.jpgobvt.jpg

Gold ones are best priced for points it seems ! around 2000 each I got averaged out.. and they have gold ! 70's seem a good buy ;)

I've been really happy with every modern commem. That satisfies the need for a while nicely..

What of a moon landing commem ? must have !!

Gold ones are best priced for points it seems ! around 2000 each I got averaged out.. and they have gold ! 70's seem a good buy ;)

I've been really happy with every modern commem. That satisfies the need for a while nicely..

What of a moon landing commem ? must have !!

If you don't mind me asking but do you just buy these coins for regsitry points? I guess I'm not understanding the coins here now.