• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,915 posts in this topic

nice coins, that buff would be a 67 without that thin reverse staple scratch....nice Dwaine--the Pilgrim is one of my AllTime favorite US coin designs

Forgot about this one. I upgraded my 46 BTW to a very sharp looking MS66 w/o much of an upgrade in price. Which is always nice. This upgrade put me into the top ten sets at NGC. I didn't think that would ever happen. I have one more upgrade coming and that should put me in 9th place and then no more.

65684.jpg.c3dd864d430ad4440ba1683da39c439a.jpg

65685.jpg.fbca56d571e1244bbce3e004415179ac.jpg

Two more Jefferson War Nickels. I am having extreme difficulty locating a rainbow toned 1943-S MS67. This was the best I could come up with so far. Not real attractive but it is unusual and the luster on the reverse is surprisingly strong.

JeffersonNickel1943-SNGCMS677002-3.jpgJeffersonNickel1943-SNGCMS677002-2.jpg

JeffersonNickel1943-PNGCMS672543-3.jpgJeffersonNickel1943-PNGCMS672543-2.jpg

Here's my latest Morgan. I already have a couple of nice Raw 82S's but I took a stab at this one on Fleabay. It was sitting at $51 all day and didn't close 'til 1:30 a.m. Final Price?

$142.50 Free shipping. It arrived today. And I'll eat my hat if it doesn't cross at 66. Haven't decided to cross it.I think i should get a few opinions first. I came with a cool presentation case that fits the slab exactly.Nice.

ms661.jpg

ms662.jpg

ICG66Case.jpg

Edited by prudden

Something is strange about that Morgan...almost too nice and frosty but maybe it's just the image. It looks like it has blazing luster and is super clean with a ton of eye appeal..........no doubt it's a MS66 in any holder....I just don't know why it seems like something if off about it but I am guessing I am just seeing some pixel artifacts and the image is a little over exposed hm Congrats (thumbs u

Here is a new one I got....crappy image, cheap price.....way cool color and even has textile patterns on a few spots :cloud9:

TonedMorgan3001.jpg

TonedMorgan3008.jpg

TonedMorgan3028.jpg

Ohh.Now that's color krypton!!! My 82S certainly is what they call a blazer. It's very white,but it's not exactly like the pictures(close though). You should have seen the previous pics.They made it look yellowish. I added an extra lamp and got these. My camera is just a $150.00 Canon Digital w/decent macro. If I knew anything about photography I'm sure I could do better.

I don't see anything that would keep it from crossing but then again....who cares about the plastic on a coin like that (thumbs u

Absolutely. This is actually my first Slabbed MS 66.Whoo hoo!! I've got a raw 81 S just as nice or better that wouldn't slab because NGC thinks it's been cleaned. I can't see how. Dipped? I don't know.

Anway,you said you thought something is "off" with this 82S. I have been comparing my 82's's. actually have four 82's,four 81's's and three 80's's. And, the 82 S has a very pronounced cheek area compared to my 81s's and 80 S's. It';s pretty much the same on all four of them. Maybe that's it? Or something else? See ya

Way too many coins shown since my last post here to mention them all, but congratulations to everyone on all the appealing coins you have posted!!! :applause:

Hi Chris,

I try and get away every Summer to the cottage

on Cape Cod; some years its only a week or two,

other years - like last year and this - I got 6-8 weeks

...its all predicated on sales and how busy I am - or not.

This year I made my sales quota by mid March - and then

by July, sales were stagnent...so...off to the Cape I went.

EDIT : EDIT: EDIT: EDIT:

I decided not to have the 2 walkers sent to me because of

the NEWP of the following 1909-O Half in NGC 58.

Both of Broadstruck's Walkers are superior for the grade

and otherwise, I would have been thrilled to have added

them to my collection; however, Barbers are my main interest

and as we all know - we can't buy everything we would like to.

Edited by Elbesaar