• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Great looking jefferson's Paul! (thumbs u I don't think I've ever seen an old holder with a small star designation. Cool!

:applause: Those are nice Bobby. I just won my set a few days ago (as I posted) but I haven't received them (yet). You decided to start going for MS66s too eh?

Are those NGC Slabbed presidents hard to get? I would at least the 8 proofs graded PF 70. I didn't get into the novelty at first, but now I m on the band wagon.

As with everything the grade is important. I'm collecting the Proofs in PF69UC since they're generally available for $10 a coin and I don't want to pay for PF70s which are still pretty common but go in the $50+ range. The business strike coins are easily found in MS65. They can be found at pretty low prices for MS66. They get really expensive and rare at MS67.

:applause: Those are nice Bobby. I just won my set a few days ago (as I posted) but I haven't received them (yet). You decided to start going for MS66s too eh?

Just for the time being. It seems the 66's are a little cheaper this year than last year. (for right now anyway).

Where would you recommend? My main experience dealing with buying stuff on the net and not at shows or dealers is eBay.

eBay is where I shop for them. Like I said, you can get the PF69s (if that's what you want) for about $40 as a set. (Last I checked) the PF70s went for about $200 a set. The 2 coins that Bobby just picked up can be bought as a set for about $40-$50 (or less if you get lucky).

(for right now anyway).

That's why I'm hunting for them now. :) I paid just over $20 a piece for my JQAs and I'm trying to get the MS66FDs for Monroe for less than $35 a piece. Those are a little harder to get those since there's only about 250 of them.

1859_proof_set_comp.jpg

Oh My that is a wonderful set boiler.

(worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

(worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

:acclaim:

:applause:

:luhv:

Boiler - what an amazing collection -

congratulations on this new proof set.

Looks like those coins have been

kept together since the day they were minted.

Glad I don't have anything to follow that amazing set!! SCORE!!!

:cloud9:

I'm holding off posting anything on the NEWP thread myself.

I'll just play with a few images on the Barber thread...

Tom- This isn't the set that Joe had several months ago. That set was much nicer, unquestionably original and sold when I called about it. :( While these coins are all very nice and attractive for the assigned grades, I am not convinced they have been together since they left the mint.

The toning pattern on the half dime, dime and the obverse of the quarter are nearly a perfect match while the half and dollar are similar but noticeably different. I think it is interesting that the quarter is mostly untoned on the reverse as are the half and dollar? I am not sure how they could have been stored to acquire this type of toning??