• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,912 posts in this topic

DD, nice looking '38-D. (thumbs u

Harvey, good looking group of quarters! :applause:

I just got 4 mint set '57-D toners from Shane and you can see them here; A Foursome.

DD, nice looking '38-D. (thumbs u

Harvey, good looking group of quarters! :applause:

I just got 4 mint set '57-D toners from Shane and you can see them here; A Foursome.

DD, Harvey, and Sy very nice additions. :applause: (thumbs u

I like them, Lincolns are always nice.

Congrats.

Rey

Bingo!

Also, it's always good to stay within one's budget.

Fun coins. :applause:

1808QuarterEagleO.jpg1808QuarterEagleR.jpg

I broke the bank on this 1808 $2.50 gold piece, but after I slept on it, I decided that this was a once in a lifetime opportunity.

This is one of the most important type coins in the U.S. series. It is a one year type, and only 2,710 pieces were minted. Today it is estimated that only 125 to 150 piece survive in all grades including the pieces that have polished or used for jewelry.

This piece is a very attractive PCGS AU-50 in an old green label holder. It looks like it could up grade to AU-55 although I'm not going to bother with that. The coin fits in well with the rest of my early gold type coins, which are all in AU condition.

Wow congrats Bill that is a great looking gold coin. (thumbs u ^^

Congrats Mike on completion of a great Proof collection. :headbang:

Congratulations to both Bill - for one of the rarest gold types in existance.

and also to Mike for completing his collection of Proof Franklins. The 1950

was also the last one I picked up for my set as well.

Congratulations to both Bill - for one of the rarest gold types in existance.

and also to Mike for completing his collection of Proof Franklins. The 1950

was also the last one I picked up for my set as well.

Hope you mind me using your congrats there Elbasaar. Your words fit mine. Also, congrats to you on that nice Walker and completing your set as well!

That is a pretty rightous looking 1950 proof. The obverse looks like it could have been borderline cameo. NGC is pretty tight on Cameo Designations, but that looks like a sweet coin.

I still need the 1950 and the 1951. I promise to post my 1952 when it comes back from NGC.

For a fun little game, let me give you the facts of the 1952 I sent in and hear some guesses from the masses. My submission was a crackout: I purchased the coin on EBAY. It was slabbed as a PF 68 Deep Cameo by PCI. It is truly a beautiful coin, but I am trying not to get my hopes up on the grade. I will say this: My 1954 is PF 66 Cameo, and I think that the PCI crackout was very similar.

Any guess on the grade upon return? Does anyone think I should have left the coin in the slab or is cracking these out the way to go.

By the by, PCI slabs are pretty tough to crack open. Almost skewered my hand in the process.

YES!!! Congratulations on completing a 1950 Proof set. No one knows how hard it is to find the 1950 Proof set in great condition until they have gone shopping for one. The low prices that show up on the Gray Sheet and in print ads are for sets that have dull luster that have dipped to death. The mint did not have its act together when they started to make the 1950 Proof coins. Many pieces were dull and unattractive from the get-go.

The set in my collection was an assembled set that a collector made for his kids from a number of sets in his collection. These “all-star” coins did not impress the kid(s). They put them up on a Boston bid wall back in the 1980s where I was able to purchase them. There were not any cameo coins in the set, but the luster and preservation were first rate, which was OK by me.

Picked this up at auction tonight real cheap :) It has more yellow than is shown in the pictures.

RIMG0295.jpg

RIMG0296.jpg

I got a Teletrade code in my inbox for $50 of free cash to spend in May (no minimum purchase - if it had been under $50, it was free).

It was a one-time use code, so I won't bother to share it.

$67 shipped after the code for this:

c25291982.jpg

c25291982-a.jpg

This was my first time buying from Teletrade, and honestly, I don't see myself doing so again unless they offer a similar bargain. Their buyer's fee of 12% on top of $5 shipping was ridiculous and something I could only justify since I was getting $50 off. They also seemed to have a lot of problem coins and coins which were way below average for the grade. Just not my cup of tea. Oh well, thanks Teletrade for the cheap bullion under spot. :ThumbsUp;

Some SUPER additions since my last one!!!!!!!! (thumbs u Congrat's to one and all. From Jetproofs on eBay:

Iowa01292008obvM.jpg

Edited by leeg

Great coins everyone. I always enjoy looking at the latest acquisitions.

This is a 1819 B-3 Capped Bust Quarter graded VG-10 by ANACS.

xx19.jpgxx19a.jpg