• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Thanks for the comments on my new Alabama Commem. :) Won it last night at my max bid. :cloud9: The key for me as far as collecting is "Eye Appeal" and not the grade of a coin. Done good here! ;) This AU55 aint half bad either:

STMNTOBV1.jpg

Michael Printz image and picked it up from Wayne Herndon 12/06.

Here is my last coin purchase of the year! For the Dansco 7070. This is the 5th time I have replaced the morgan. Anyhow Circ is the way to go!

1885smd.jpg

Michael, nice looking VDB pickup! :applause: Filling in holes is definitely fun.

Bruce, good looking Morgan! :applause: Ya' know, at some point you'll find that perfect hole filler, although I gotta' say this one is mighty nice. (thumbs u

This half just arrived the day before New Years along with some nice VF's for

my Whitman Bookshelf album...sorry no images of those... but here's a show stopper:

Thanks again, TomB for sending this beauty along !!

NGC XF 45:

50412-1914PhalfNGC45obv.jpg.f525c228d46ed8ad2c27bf9d5a7d873e.jpg

50413-1914PhalfNGC45rev.jpg.90a61689f75333ae1bb3c37898ca132d.jpg

This purchase was a big step for me but well worth it, IMO. :cloud9:

This beautiful girl arrived in the mail today and I am very pleased! It's eye-appeal is even better in hand. Due to its historicity, it is probably one of my favorite top ten coins. It is also the first coin that I received in 2008. <3

50066-1793centobv.jpg50067-1793centrev.jpg

Very nice EZ_E. I almost bought one myself yesterday. A VG10 and perfect for the grade but I would have had to stretch too far to get it. I bought a 1795 Half Dime and 1805, 1818 and 1824 Large Cents instead.

Very nice EZ_E. I almost bought one myself yesterday. A VG10 and perfect for the grade but I would have had to stretch too far to get it. I bought a 1795 Half Dime and 1805....

Neko, were did you get your two half dimes? Sounds like you got a fair deal, too. I still need those two types.

Would you provide a link, please. Thanks!!

Mike, you a real funny guy! :insane: I'm surprised that so few people own this type since it is cheaper than lots of other early type coins. Remember, Mike, every dog has its day. bow-wow!

I see that VIctor has picked up a heck of a piece that no doubt will put serious pressure on our neck-and-neck type set battle. hm Hopefully, I can fend him off for a little bit longer and a coin like this new purchase on my part migth help. It is an F15 of the LM1 die marriage and this denomination of the Draped Bust series is prohibitively difficult to find in original, attractive condition especially in mid-grades. The coin iteself is a bit more navy and somewhat darker than the excellent images convey, but is completely original and even has significant retained gunk in the letters and numbers-

E1800P15.jpg

E1800P15R.jpg

First, thanks for all of the feedback on my wreath cent. I think it is a milestone for early type.

Tom, I thought that was a half dime but I had to check your registry set to make sure. That is one gorgeous cookie! It is the exact type that I am looking for.

I also see that you got a PR65 trime.

Although my competative side may hate ya for taking two steps for my one, I gotta love and admire your collecting tastes!

Great additions, Tom! :cloud9:

I’m certain that the LM1 die-marriage should tell me, but what denomination is that? It looks like a great coin even though I’m not sure exactly what it is (thumbs u

I gotta love and admire your collecting tastes!

Great additions, Tom! :cloud9:

I'll second that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (worship)

Winston, the coin is a half dime and I should have written that in the initial post. Victor, the PF65 trime has been in my collection, and in my registry set, for five years, but I inadvertantly deleted the coin yesterday and had to add it back again today. Therefore, it shows up as a new coin when in fact it is not.

ES, that's a nice looking Barber half for your set. :applause:

Victor, excellent pickup with the Wreath LC! :applause: I think we're going to have to coat you and Tom in grease and let you two go after some pre-determined coin.

Winston, sweet looking '04-O toner! :applause:

123cents, good looking 1/2 dime. (thumbs u

TomB, NICE half dime there! :applause: It's really nice to see an original looking DBHE, and that sucker is very attractive.

Harvey, fun Washies you got there. (thumbs u