• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

1909-S....well laaaa tee daaa....somebody's rolling in the dough rantrant

:baiting:

lol lol lol lol lol lol

That's exactly what I thought....well not exactly but you get the idea. :)

Lee, I am very impressed! Those are both some incredible coins! You have an amazing Lincoln cent collection.

Only 14 months plus change until "L" Day [2009]. You're making a wise investment. (thumbs u

1909-S....well laaaa tee daaa....somebody's rolling in the dough rantrant

:baiting:

lol lol lol lol lol lol

I wish I figure the longer I wait, the higher prices will go. :) So bite the bullet. Not bad for a 64RD.

That's exactly what I thought....well not exactly but you get the idea. :)

Lee, I am very impressed! Those are both some incredible coins! You have an amazing Lincoln cent collection.

Only 14 months plus change until "L" Day [2009]. You're making a wise investment. (thumbs u

Thanks Victor. My set is the highest rated with lowest % of RD coins so Lee's Colorful Lincolns is ringing true so far. Looking forward to 2009 so I can purchase two of every type minted. One for long term hold and one to sell when the time is right.

Cheers rey (thumbs u

What the difference between a 68* and a 69* ---- hear is the answer

1578620035-2.jpg197169.jpg

1578620034-2.jpg1971.jpg

Edited by dooly

Great Kennedy's and Tokens.......love them all.....and the Chinese junk (worship)

Sorry folks....another mailbox full of coins arrived today so what could I do but image them and share (shrug) .......my name is Shane and I am an addict :foryou:

PCCIObv.jpg

PCCIRev.jpg

1898OObv3.jpg

1898ORev.jpg

1913Obv.jpg

1913Rev2.jpg

1886Obv2.jpg

1886Rev.jpg

1881SNewObv.jpg

1881SNewRev.jpg

doh!

I can't wait to see that Wisconsin....I got my buffalo from the same seller today so I guess depending on where you live you should get it pretty quick if you paid via paypal................I should have bought it too..... lollol lol

Do you take kids in trade ? :devil:

Jeeze, go out of town for a little bit and WOW look at all the coins that come in...

Nice McKinley and Barbers Elbesaar. (thumbs u

SWEET 1/2 dimes Toyonakataro! :applause:

Chris, good looking Mariannes. (thumbs u

Jtryka, fun eagle. (thumbs u

Mike, that's a beaut of a 1/2 eagle. :applause:

Victor, yowsah!, that be some good lookin' coins! I particularly like the CBH. :applause:

William, nice coins, (thumbs u and Best Wishes for a belated Happy Birthday!!!

Lee, attractive Lincolns. (thumbs u

Shane, you a coin addict? I would NEVER have guessed! :baiting: Excellent group of coins! :applause:

Jackson, nice group of coins/medals. That Pan-Pac is cool! :applause:

Dooly, those are some very attractive '71's. :applause:

123 that's a good looking York. (thumbs u

That's quite a list, Skyman. I ditto it! (thumbs u

Shane, the 1913 buff is just plane cool! Great coin and very cool holder. :cool:

I didn't buy any coins this weekend, but I did buy some very cool space memorabilia... including a silk American flag (9" X 6") that flew on Apollo 11, and a crew patch along with some LM netting that flew on Apollo 13.

Buzz Aldrin (the 2nd man on the Moon) has started to disperse his collection. The absolute COOLEST thing that was sold at the auction was the Lunar Module Timeline LM Timeline . It covers everything that Armstrong and Aldrin did within the Lunar Module from when they got in it till when they redocked with the Command Module (not including their walk(s) on the Moon). In essence it is comparable to owning the (signed) portions (if they still existed) of Columbus' log during the day that he saw "the New World" and first landed on it.

I was totally torn on whether to bid on this object, but eventually (well before the auction) decided that it was just too much of a chunk of change. While it went for well below estimate, it still went for (with the juice) over $250,000. I was able to hold it (and the other Apollo 11 flightsheets in the other lots in the auction) in my sweaty little hands and look through it from cover to cover (38 pages). There was not much in the way of human interaction displayed within it except for some checkmarks and a couple very minor arcane written comments, but STILL. Oh, there was one sort of human interaction, there were some very small fingerprint smudges that looked like old blood to me... maybe someone was biting on their fingernails and yanked off a bit more nail then they were expecting.

The LM timeline was a heck of a lot of fun to look at... as you can imagine for a guy with a tagline of SkyMan and a Ph.D. in satellite imagery, I was in hog heaven. The one problem with it, and all the other comparable flightsheet info (in the other lots in the auction), was the sheer number of acronyms. I'm pretty good at NASA-speak, but even I couldn't make out more than maybe 1/4-1/3 of the acronyms. What really caught my eye was the incredible attention to detail in these things. I mean, we're talking SERIOUS scheduling here.

Yep....I should have bought it because I feel it's a lock for 65 today doh!

I am basing my assessment off the sellers images which shows the marks better and on your images which shows the luster quite well (worship)

I am happy a forum member got it :applause:

Repeat after me...the mailman is your friend....the mailman is your friend.... :banana:

2000EagleObv.jpg

2000EagleRev.jpg

2001EagleObv.jpg

2001EagleRev.jpg

and this....$10 dollar purchase on Ebay.......

28f0_1.jpg

2924_1.jpg

Became this pretty little number.....

1962Obv3.jpg

1962Rev2.jpg

the power is strong with this one....... lol lol lol