• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Thanks all.......I have been able to pick up some decent coins for not much of a premium for the toning which is always a good thing (thumbs u

Chris......I know you are and honestly....so am I which is why I like the old NGC holders.....your pretty much guaranteed to have rim toning on any coin in one of those Fatty holders :applause:

Nice group Shane & Nice Quarter for your type set xJack.

I just picked this one up I like the toning on it.

0000928tw1.jpg

0000913il9.jpg

0000915he7.jpg

And I am not really into Sacs but I like the toning on the reverse.

0000938bf1.jpg

0000935bz0.jpg

0000933pe6.jpg

This one was totally complimentary and unsolicited from Conquerer, (John), what can one say other than Thank you John. Outstanding.

Rey

2007Obv.jpg2007RevMS69.jpg

Edited by rbrown4

Hey saen, do you prefer the Mint States or the Proofs? I like the modern commems and I'm hoping to start building a set but I'm generally finding the proofs to be more appealing.

(I'll be posting 1 or 2 of my newer purchases in a day or two hopefully).

AWB, nice '98-O Morgan! (thumbs u

DD, fun Walker! (thumbs u

Dwaine, good looking group of SLQ's and Morgans! :applause:

Elbesaar, good looking group of cameo Washies! :applause: I noticed your comment about the '52. IMO one of the best rarity price performance type of coins you can buy are one sided obverse cameos from the '50's. Since they are not listed as cameos you can get some awesome lookers for not much money.

Saen, nice grouping of commemorative coins! (thumbs u

Shane, good looking '57 Frankie and assorted Morgans! :applause:

xJack, nice Barber! (thumbs u

Rey, that's an attractive ASE! (thumbs u

Larry, sweeeet lookin' 3 c nickel! :applause: Nice toning.

Mike, good looking no cent nickel! (thumbs u

I wonder when Winston's new IHC collection will be posted? hm

I'm not imaging those lol I neglected to mention that I did also receive a 1912S Barber half that appears to be an original VG8. I’m guessing at the grade as I’m not a student of that series. I’ll hold on to that one till December if you’re coming to Boston.

I'm no expert on this issue, maybe it's like the Walkers which are often weakly struck in the centers...but the coin looks AU58 to me--please don't take offense. There appears to be wear/rub on the knee, breast, hand, cheek and forehead of the angel and both noses of the men..also the breast and upper leg of the eagle on the reverse.....I know with the bad luck I get on my submissions I would have gotten a 58...is this common for this issue?

PS: the color is gorgeous, it almost looks lightly plated its so golden, nice purchase

Edited by jackson64

I am certainly no expert on this issue either so maybe someone else can chime in regarding the knee, breast, hand, cheek and forehead. as far as the noses of the men what you are seeing is a crack that runs through both of them. also the other pics are not my coin but attached for comparison it is a NGC MS65

0001001vo9.jpg

0001016yz6.jpg

NGC MS65

250176609largeif3.jpg

Most recent is from Randy, RGT, thanks for the nice addition to my commemoratives. Just arrived in the mail today, haven't had time to image it so I am borrowing Randy's images and hope he doesn't mind.

Thanks again,

Rey

Sesquicentennial.jpg

Edited by rbrown4

Rey, I know the images I posted were a bit larger than that. ;) Anyway, I'm glad you like it.

I also received one yesterday. This came from the Heritage Long Beach final auction. I can't afford anything in the signature auctions so I have to scratch through the leftovers. Heritages pictures weren't too good so I wasn't sure what I was getting. I think I did ok. My pictures may be half a shade dark, but the're pretty close.

46251-1860obv.jpg.ea5bb773f0c9a0882e6606568988b001.jpg

46252-1860rev.jpg.4a5a066c7ff60c6d4636f5b80528b55b.jpg

Most recent is from Randy, RGT, thanks for the nice addition to my commemoratives. Just arrived in the mail today, haven't had time to image it so I am borrowing Randy's images (which are great) and hope he doesn't mind.

Thanks again,

Rey

Sesquicentennial.jpg

Well, I did save the pic 'cause I really liked that coin. Great buy, Rey! I gave $150 for a MS63 raw 3 years ago. You got a bargain.

46261-Sesquicentennial.jpg.3567c6aab2c8f4a8c366f73300e81a36.jpg