• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

In truth, the 1887 including shipping is overall not a good deal, but there truly is very limited downside to the piece. It might actually be MS, but there is no way it is close to the assigned grade. As long as it was not cleaned in any manner, at worst this is an $18 coin and at best it is worth about $35, in my opinion.

Tom,

I’m only slightly embarrassed to admit that I’m not even sure what that is. Is it $5? Whatever it is it’s a lot of money for the time. Were these coins used by banks or what? Oh yeah, I guess I should say…great acquisition! I love it!

Nice additions folks!!! This one arrived today. I was the previous owner and had the opportunity to repurchase the coin. Was NGC 63 BN and crossed to PCGS 62 BN. Super color both obverse and reverse and may be in a RB holder one day. :)

1857halfcent.jpg

Some great new additions it looks like making into everyones collections. Some really nice looking coins, each and everyone. Wow some real lookers in there.

Rey

Great looking coins Carl and Lee. :applause: (thumbs u

Couldn't agree more.

Really like the look of the Half Cent - regardless of what the

holder grade is. Looks alot nicer than a MS 62.

Edited by Elbesaar

I was perusing the thread this morning to catch up on the new additions. If this thread is any indication, the coin market is healthy! I remember when RYK posted the 1798 Half Eagle 6 or 7 months ago (I think) . . . I liked it then, and I like it today. :)

Another Barber collector was nice enough to resize the image of an 1894-O

Barber Quarter I bought a week or so ago...its graded by PCGS as an AU 58

and is a nice upgrade to the AU 55 in my set...

44940-1894OQTRpcgsAU58.jpg.a5cd9fe0cc3483f7309c579987ee47c6.jpg

Nice coin Elbesaar! :) This is a new addition for my Classic Commem Set. Some history on the issue:

The Bay Bridge is the only coin dedicated solely to recognition of an engineering triumph. It marks the opening of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge in November of that year.

DSCN4391A.jpg

DSCN4391.jpg

DSCN4392.jpg

Nice coins all. Too many for me to comment all.

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Well I went to the auction today, and while I was waiting on the good stuff I purchased a bag of buffalo nickels of which I haven't gone through yet, and a bag of misc coins for $40.

Well I went through the misc coins and found these three.

This shield nickel has, I believe a weak strike, the 18 is barely noticeable.

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

Oh yeah! found a 1909 Indian no S though but hey what do you expect.

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

And also a 1909 VDB.

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

Now when they finally got to the Bust half's The 1811 went for $200.00 more then I was willing to pay, I said "the hell with this and left" I wont pay retail and defiantly not over retail.