• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,910 posts in this topic

Cool looking Washies Bruce! :applause:

Bobby, nice looking Jeff. (thumbs u

TR, good looking Oregon. (thumbs u How is the '26-S for rarity in the series?

AzLarry, that's an attractive SL dime! (thumbs u

Crito, cool Irish token! (thumbs u

Top coins all

i have just won this lot of IHC's on ebay for about $4 hope it turns out to be a real clip :wishluck:

34ff_1.jpg

3591_1.jpg

Edited by dooly

Skyman-

The '26-S might be the highest mintage of the series if I remember right. I think there was something like 80k of them distributed.

They are readily availble. I was trying to find "any" Oregon" with toning that matched my other early commems.

So because of the high mintage and the sellers poor pics on ebay, I actually bought the coin at a pretty low price for what it is.

Thanks,

Skyman-

The '26-S might be the highest mintage of the series if I remember right. I think there was something like 80k of them distributed.

They are readily availble. I was trying to find "any" Oregon" with toning that matched my other early commems.

So because of the high mintage and the sellers poor pics on ebay, I actually bought the coin at a pretty low price for what it is.

Thanks,

Sweet! :golfclap: No doubt about it, the Oregon is one of the prettiest coins ever produced by the Mint.

Nice looking IHC Dooly, here is a couple of Morgans ,local coin show.

Picture004-3.jpg

Picture003-5.jpg

Feel free to venture a guess on the grades. Both are 79's'

Picture005-3.jpg

Picture006-6.jpg

Will post the grades a little later. :hi:

Are these PL Irvin. The pics make them look that way. The first I'd say is MS62PL and the second MS63 (Rev PL) I like them both!

Oops forgot to say these are not graded PL or DMPL Oh and sorry for the not so good images. Which appear a bit deceiving:foryou: First one is PCGS second one is ANACS.

First coin: cracked out

Picture014-3.jpg

second coin:

Picture009-2.jpg

Edited by rrantique

Oops forgot to say these are not graded PL or DMPL Oh and sorry for the not so good images. Which appear a bit deceiving:foryou:

Well I still have the same grades just remove the PL. (thumbs u

I tell ya what Irvin, that PCGS sure looks like it was close to a PL to me. from the pics, looks like it has a decent cameo to it.

This one just arrived today. It's probably an average strike for the year but I think it has very nice luster and better than average eye appeal.

41561-1921.jpg.e9f7e585fe95330797af5c0934d7fb1c.jpg

Sure does RGT beautiful Peace dollar. (thumbs u

Here is the grade on the two Morgans posted earlier.10_7_6.gifPicture.jpg

Edited by rrantique

Just arrived today. 1854 was tough for me to find in acceptable condition, mildly frustrating but with this addition I know it was worth the wait. Some fun clashing on the reverse, couple neat die cracks on the obverse, doubling on both sides and a strike to die for.

The white looking smudges in the pic are from the scratched up slab...

1854golddollarbs6.jpg

Gladiator, your descriptions of the coin and its attributes are dead on, very nice and congratulations.

Rey

Edited by rbrown4

RGT that 1921 Peace Dollar DOES have really nice eye appeal

Cladiator, I love the clash marks on that gold piece. Really nice.

Also posted across the street. these are the 3 coins I piced up at the SD show yesterday. The last 2 photos don't do the coin justice as the fields need to be moved in the light to appreciate.

I went with one goal to get a nice and affordable barber in 25, 50 or $1 denomination. I accomplished this goal within 15 minutes. thats' good since I didn't seen anything else I liked the rest of the day. I'm always on the lookout for early copper but didn't see anything that tripped my trigger. One guy from NV wouldn't let me take a photo so I could attribute it at home. I said "guess i won't be calling you to buy it then"...he seemed a little sheepish...

Here's the barber:

1905barberquarterAUobv.jpg

1905barberquarterAUrev.jpg

Next I found an interesting and inexpensive half. Not a key date or anything rare but a late die state that I liked. the obv has a channel in the field in front of her nose that's hard to see w/o tilting in the light. I thought at first it was a die bulge but now I think it's a polished out clash. The coin is much darker than the photos show. I need to work on my lighting.

183450cobv.jpg

183450crev.jpg

Then I found two more coins that I liked, a MO commem 2x4 in NGC 64 with nice original surfaces. I thought the grade was perhaps a little loose--certainly not PQ for the grade. The price was right for a 64 and I might have been tempted if it was PQ. I liked the luster and the light golden toning. But it had what looked like a large rim ding at 1 o'clock. The seller said "that's a planchet flaw". On closer look I agreed. I had DennisH look and he agreed. But it was still a distraction and the deciding point to pass on this coin. But walking back and forth between Coxe's table and the MO commem a proof coin kept distracting me in a much more positive way. DennisH liked it too. It is now the lowest mintage coin I own at 590. It's the only one of these NEWPs that's holdered. It's in a PCGS holder.

1890PR6X50cobv.jpg

1890PR6X50crev.jpg

Not a bad morning considering I had to leave at 1 to play in a golf tournament with my son. The Father Son team we were paired with was rolling in every put they stood over including 3 for 30' plus. I think they could have just closed thier eyse so we got second. --Jerry

Great looking coins Jerry. Here is a couple of Indians I recently purchased.

Raw w/motto

Picture015-3.jpg

Picture016-4.jpg

PCGS au-55

Picture010-4.jpg

Picture008-4.jpg

Edited by rrantique