• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Picked this one up the other day. Paid a bit more than I should have, but it looks pretty solid for the grade if not undergraded. :)

4883.jpg4883b.jpg

Haven't received it yet but can't wait to see it in hand. :D It's for my personal collection so I'm gonna leave it in the OGH.

Nice coins all.

Here is my most recent addition to my ever-growing 1853 Circulated Set:

Looks like a good ole honest coin that has seen more than one pocket in its day, maybe flipped out on to a pile of coins in a mean poker game back in the day.

NOFOH-Updated1853CircSet001.jpgHUBEV-Updated1853CircSet002.jpg

DCNUU-Updated1853CircSet003.jpg

Hey there Richard,

That is a nice looking Double Eagle. I really like the looks of it with those images, the color/tone of the gold is great. I bet it does have some history, but the good thing is now it is yours. Congratulations.

Rey

Great ASE saen78. :applause:Love the Buffs :headbang:and Great lincoln :golfclap:Count_Erfit

Edited by harvey8542

DJ, that's a real nice looking 63!... it certainly has appeal better than the grade. :applause:

TR, cool '53 gold! (thumbs u Just for interests sakes, are you buying your 1853 coins in AU53 or was that an interesting coincidence?

Saen, nice toner ASE. (thumbs u

Count, good looking mini-herd of Buffs, and good looking Great White Father to go with them. (thumbs u

Wandered over after lunch today to one of the local B&M shops that is across the street from an excellent Thai restaurant. No pics yet (they will be coming along one of these days), but I bought a '72-S and a '73-S pair of 40% silver Ikes. Both are nice shiny white coins. I would grade the obverses on both of them a 65 and the reverses on both of them a 67. Your basic fun coins.

DJ, that's a real nice looking 63!... it certainly has appeal better than the grade. :applause:

TR, cool '53 gold! (thumbs u Just for interests sakes, are you buying your 1853 coins in AU53 or was that an interesting coincidence?

Saen, nice toner ASE. (thumbs u

Count, good looking mini-herd of Buffs, and good looking Great White Father to go with them. (thumbs u

More great looking stuff... if I hang around with you all too much I'll go broke.

On the '53 in AU53... just a coincidence. My set runs from VF to Au58 so far. I'm slowly doing upgrades as I'd like to have the minimum for the set to be at least a real nice XF.

Here are the images... The 74 slab is kinda scratched and makes the coin look a bit bad... Anyhow....

PCGS PR69 DCAM

mqs74so.jpgmqs74sr.jpg

PCGS PR69 DCAM

mqs83so.jpgmqs83sr.jpg

Thanks guys. I just got a note from the guy that he shipped it today. I'll take some new pics once I get it in hand.

BTW that is a very nice double eagle and I love the look on that ASE. The buffs look great and that lincoln is awesome. Nice quarters too Bruce. :)

I would say you did just fine with that one Bobby. Good deal.

The more and more I look at and photo the Jefferson nickel the more I am coming to like them.

Rey

Looks like a colorful Jefferson and loads of frost on those Washingtons !!!

This arrived today to join my early commem set... I'm a little miffed I couldn't get the actually colors to show better in the pics as there are a lot of vibrant things going on. I'm just not sure how to set the camera. These are just shot and cropped from straight on. I really like the coin in hand.

YSJYG-26soregon005.jpgCRMRT-26soregon004.jpg

CJEKK-26soregon006.jpg

Texas Richard and Larry in AZ, both excellent coins. Richard, I am so enthused with Commemoratives now, love the posts. Larry - Wow.

Excellent additions.