• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Those are some outstandling coins posted above.

This is a 1819/8 Capped Bust Half overdate I received today.

18198.jpg

18198a.jpg

Edited by 123cents

I was at my in-laws house this evening and asked if I could "borrow" two Peace Dollars they had showed me some time ago so I could bring them home for a closer look, etc. Well they gave me four coins, two 1922 Peace Dollars, one 1896 S Morgan and one 1888 O Morgan.

Well the first one I looked at was the 1888 O Morgan and guess what I think I found. yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Please take a look at confirm for me. Also opinion on grade, I am guessing F-12. The Reverse is in better shape than the obverse

Rey

1888OHotLipsObv.jpg1888OProfile.jpg

1888OHotLipsRev.jpg

Yes I am 99% sure. I apologize if the pics are not good enough but I can clearly see the secondary profile down the bridge of the nose and the lips are "all messed up" and there is the chin as well.

Rey

Thanks for the link Irvin, yep that's it. Now I need to convince my Father in Law to perhaps "pass it on down the family tree" or I guess I could be convinced to offer him the current market value for it. Either way, I couldn't believe it. I told him I just wanted to check out the varieties of the coins he had and he said his would be on the low end of the spectrum, well it may not be worth a lot of money but it is one of those keepers.

Rey

Here is another picture that should show the detail enough.

Rey

1888OProfile2.jpg

ive never seen a hot lips with that much hot around the lips :P there is nothing suttle bout those :P very nice coin :P

As a side note, just spoke with my Father In Law and apparently this coin was in a Belt Buckle that he wore for years. I guess that is why the reverse is not as tarnished.

Rey

SWEET Rey! It's fun to find a nice coin. It's even better to get it when it has a family story associated with it. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Here is one i received today courtsey of contest sponsor Silverhawk on another forum. thumbsup2.gif

1818754-Picture003.jpg

1818754-Picture004.jpg

1818754-Picture004.jpg.50d1d09c121902f3ab19e34165402452.jpg

Edited by rrantique

Thanks Winston, he sent 3 originals, a 26 slq and a 42s Merc along with this coin. All will be nice coins in a type-set. yay.gif

Here's my most recent purchase...a 1905-O half - raw - I grade it XF 40.

Knowing I have problems posting images here, I won't even try anymore, sorry.

1819565-1905OhalfXF45rawOBV.jpg.271743fe1fad7b3dc4c5fe2ebd7348fe.jpg

Nice Walker Irvin, and nice 1905-O Barber ES. thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

How about some modern silver. Appropriate Memorial Day Weekend purchases...

Washington76SP68Obv.jpgWashington76SP68Rev.jpg

Eisenhower76SP69DCAMObv.jpgEisenhower76SP69DCAMRev.jpg

This is a "super" thread. Really shows a wide range of collecting levels. This one arrived yesterday:

DSCN3421A.jpg

Very nice San Diego Lee, wonderful toning and colors. thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

I am anxiously waiting on this one to arrive in the mail compliments of RGT.

Rey

Norfolk.jpg

Very nice San Diego Lee, wonderful toning and colors. thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

I am anxiously waiting on this one to arrive in the mail compliments of RGT.

Rey

Norfolk.jpg

Thanks Rey!! That Norfolk has "very nice" lustre. Looks 67 maybe 8?

DSCN2661.jpg