• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,912 posts in this topic

Wow, some awful nice coins posted recently. The w/a half is superb, Bill!!!

Here's a recent NEWP compliments of Mark Feld:

medium.jpgmedium.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

This coin was a bear to image. Had it not been in the holder at a slight angle, the color would be impossible to capture. Regardless, I'm still not happy with the result, but it will have to do for now....Mike

Mike, I'm truly impressed! Mostly with your Barber Quarter set but also with the rest of your collecting interest IAW your bio.

You didn't mention the 1913 S. What's the scoop on that-a-one?

I've been reading up on Barber Quarters lately because I had 2/3's of a set fall in my lap but they are just in the Good-ish range. I'm going to work on it just as a fun set. The two big ones are low priority for me, though, since my primary interest is my type set. I just committed to buy a choice F15 1805 dime. I still have lots of early types to go. I am proud of my 1794 cent in VF20 that I got from Hoot. My proof Barber set is pretty sweet, too. I'm at 60%+ now but that last 40% will be pretty tough. :þ

Bruce Lee (Brucewar) imaged my type set a few months ago. He's branched out and has been imaging other board member's coins as well. He doesn't charge anything because he enjoys the challenge so much. I would recommend his services if you're interested. He is very honorable and registered mail is virtually risk free. So, I'll leave this hanging out there for you. wink.gif

Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed it. Your enthusiasm is contageous. thumbsup2.gif

My 1913-S quarter was in an ICG 58 holder and I crossed it over

to PCGS a couple of years ago - its now in an AU 55 holder. I thank

Win Callender of DLRC for notifying me of its availability.

My dime set is scheduled to be graded this year - I crossed a bunch of

ANACS coins over to PCGS this past January. Slowly my set will grow

on this Registry as well as accross the street.

I'm a bit nervous about sending out my collection for imaging even though

your recommendation didn't fall on deaf ears. Imaging a few thousand coins

would be a daunting task, so I doubt anyone would offer to do this for gratis.

I agree, Registered mail is the only way to go for shipping coins, but as they have

a maximum INSURED value of $25K per package, and I have a few single coins in that range, there'd be more packages - and more chances of a potential loss - regardless

of insurance [ alot of the coins are irreplaceable, ie: the 13-S quarter in AU 55/58].

I applaud your interest in early type coins; I have only one. I've always wanted to start a 1793 - 1836 type set but all I have is an 1832 quarter in MS64.

BTW: I love the Columbian quarter recently posted - great colors.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Victor Thanks for the praise! Mike has a great coin collection! One of which is WOW! I would love the chance to photo some of the coins in that set. I am sure there is other ways of sending coins other than via the mail. I wonder how Heritage transfers coins to and from Auctions. Maybe TDN can shed some light on this issue.

Victor Thanks for the praise! Mike has a great coin collection! One of which is WOW! I would love the chance to photo some of the coins in that set. I am sure there is other ways of sending coins other than via the mail. I wonder how Heritage transfers coins to and from Auctions. Maybe TDN can shed some light on this issue.

A few collectors have advised me to use

Brink's for valuable shipments. They are

fully insured and considerably less expensive

than using Registered mail for bulk shipments.

I assume WOW referred to the SLQ set ! ?

Then again, it may be easier for "Mohammed

to come to the Mountain" than the other way

around. Up for a trip to "Sunny Florida" ?

Edited to add: Bruce,

Could I see an example of some of your work on

other people's coins [ other than the images of your

IHC & Buffalo nickel set] ? Thanks !!

Edited by Elbesaar

hi.gif just got my new ebay purchase from Basking Ridge NJ.. just going to see which is the "closest" in Cherrypicker .. How do you think NGC will grade it.. hi.gif

1672412-1aa.jpg1672412-1aaa.jpg

1672412-1a.jpg

1672412-1a.jpg.a79f6c2eb02ad3ce78b04eb41fe3525b.jpg

Edited by dooly

Mike those images are terrible from over 2 years ago. I need to trash those sites. As for my work references.. here are some images...

Coin pics

Coin Pics 2

As to the WOW factor, it is the whole body of your collection as a whole! Just WOW!

Some "Very Nice" additions since my last post!!! thumbsup2.gif Congrat's to all. Picked up another Lincoln:

c23351076-a.jpg

Some "Very Nice" additions since my last post!!! thumbsup2.gif Congrat's to all.

I second that emotion.

I particularly like the '41-D Merc., the Isabella, and Dooly's 2 center. 893applaud-thumb.gif

As to Bruce's images, he does VERY good work and is VERY conscientious about trying to get the image just right. He is currently imaging a box of my coins (the second box that I've sent him). He is a real stand-up kind of guy.

Some "Very Nice" additions since my last post!!! thumbsup2.gif Congrat's to all. Picked up another Lincoln:

c23351076-a.jpg

I love the coin and the photo, Lee! Both are immaculent and prisine!

Huh, the metal movement on that Washie obverse almost make the coin look like a "with rays" coin. thumbsup2.gif

Wow what great coins !!!! That Trime is truly memorable.

Here is my newest (not in hand yet) piece. How about a "guess the grade" on it?

OIFKD-StoneMountainObv.jpg

QIMUF-StoneMountainRev.jpg

Lovely Stone Mountain !!! Great toning. I'm not the best expert on this coin, but

I own a MS 65 which is much whiter than your beautifully toned gem...I guess

I'd also give your's an MS 65 as well. [ Like your coin more though - as I'm over

the white stuff and now more into toners ! ]

Nice coin mine is not as good may be a Cherrypicker i will have to get the book out

1691456-1867.jpg1691456-1867r.jpg

1691456-1867r.jpg.b0eb9879ac232c8936f7e5ec67989498.jpg

Edited by dooly