• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,908 posts in this topic

leeg, the 1817 is fantastic. Victor, you lucked out with that 1842 $1. Can we see the reverse? That was a very difficult find. Congratulations.

Thanks, guys! I haven't seen the coin in hand, yet, but I am certainly pleased, especially for $351.

VF20 -- Hey, who would have thought it such an appealing grade... 893applaud-thumb.gif

1648814-1842SL%24Obv.jpg

589a9058a201a_1648814-1842SLObv.jpg.51791f5515a82f2ae25a4195dfd1a0c1.jpg

Great coin Victor thumbsup2.gif I love VF20 confused-smiley-013.gif

I reckon that I'm on the learning curve because I would have wanted at least an AU in the past. But now, this is just fine with me. I doubt if I'll even upgrade. Well, maybe at some point but it certainly ain't a priority. wink.gif

Great coin Victor thumbsup2.gif I love VF20 confused-smiley-013.gif

I reckon that I'm on the learning curve because I would have wanted at least an AU in the past. But now, this is just fine with me. I doubt if I'll even upgrade. Well, maybe at some point but it certainly ain't a priority. wink.gif

If you ever do upgrade, I'm calling dibs now! wink.gif

Ok, Zach. I'll honor you on that since I was the first to call dibs on Bruce's 1921 Peace Dollar. Still crossing my fingers on that one...

Ok, Zach. I'll honor you on that since I was the first to call dibs on Bruce's 1921 Peace Dollar. Still crossing my fingers on that one...

Victor I would hate to burst your bubble, but 10 mins after the first post Jeremy (Airplanenut) Ask if I wanted to sell it. Lets make a quick pact... I sell you the 21.. you sell me the 42 laugh.gif, when and if it comes time.

Oh, I didn't know that. But I was close?? However, I could never back out on my word to Zach for any reason... sorry.gif However, I could thow in my graded MS63 1921 to sweeten the pot. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Yeah, good point. And you never know about those boxing kangaroos, either. One good lick could confuse and disorient Bruce and the legacy of the coin. Hence, I volunteer to safekeep the coin... crazy.gif

Victor you were close if I remember correctly. My pact was more in gest. As for my coins they will all be staying in the states but a few wall hangers. I am taking with me. The rest will stay locked up in the safe.

I just picked up a nice looking [iMHO] Barber half for

my second tier set...now, lets hope I can add its image...lol1649644-1899Phalfpcgs40obv.jpgconfused.gif

oh well...sometimes I can add an image and sometimes I can't. mad.gif

1649644-1899PhalfPCGS40obv.JPG.0690b07ab4be00ec47dfcb4dd20a4273.JPG

Edited by Elbesaar

Here's another one that I just took a quick shot. I'll try for better pictures later. This was my first ever buy off of Teletrade. The coin is gorgeous ! The toning on both obv and rev is beautiful !!! That is if you like this type of toning anyway. I am thrilled. cloud9.gif

Edit: Took some better pictures. It is an MS65.

HLCFP-connecticut010.jpgTQFOE-connecticut011.jpg

Edited by texasrichard

Those are some very nice looking Commemoratives. Great toning to boot !

Nicely toned coins like that usually command a bit of a premium and

deservingly so.

Love your 5c.. hear is my recent find not as good as yours but not bad for the uk.. ps date repunched in a SE direction NB. Please tell me if my identification is not correct

Thanks dooly 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1657701-a1.jpg.cbb39dad923d7c7047dc053e63a2a56d.jpg

Edited by dooly