• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Mark,

How do I become gainfully unemployed like you? You have to have the most incredible collection of coin of any mortal here.

Very, very, very nice. thumbsup2.giftakeit.gif

that is actually a definite sleeper coin, the 1820 curled base two, and the one you have looks unmessed with and has very nice

eye appeal.

This is definitely a scarce coin, and if it is not in a holder now,

I suggest you send it to NGC or PCGS for grading. And don't sell it.

edited to add: so yes, it does compare well to any coin above!

also, the total mintage for all 1820s is just slightly greater than that for the 1807s, and of course,

the curled base two variety even a smaller percentage of that.

If you do a search on 1820 curled base two bust halves you will find a significant proportion having been cleaned or

altered in some way. It's very difficult to find one such as yours.

Edited by MikeKing

Thunk! Thud.....thud....thud...thud..thud-thud-thud-thud-thud-thud-thud-thud-THUD...thrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...thwink...thuuufffffff-ffffff-fffff-ffff-fff-ff-f...brrr!*

*Translation: Me falling off my chair, hitting the first step of the staircase and progressively rolling down the staircase at an accelerated rate of speed, hitting the foyer slate floor hard, rolling across the slate floor toward the front door, rolling through the front door into the soft snow and decelerating through the snow as it accumulates around my rapidly cooling body and finally coming to a halt while the snow attenuates the swelling.

I recently added this proof set to the collection laugh.gif

That is the most beautiful, evenly matched proof set that I have ever seen!

I've always respected your collecting tastes before but now my opinion of you is through the roof!

WoW...!

This coin is significantly nicer in-hand than the image suggests, which is unusual because it came from Mike Printz and Larry Whitlow and their images are generally extremely accurate. I would think the main difference between the coin in-hand and the image is that the coin has a delicate pumpkin hue throughout both obverse and reverse that does not show up well in the images.

1627101-new-12.jpg

1627101-new-12.jpg.8d6a97d0218e9e6f4b451a47b4bbf602.jpg

I've enjoyed looking at every coin in this thread! This coin isn't exactly new, but I just received it back from the folks across the street. The picture, like Tom's, was taken by Mike Printz.

1879S1-0000obvPrintz.jpg

1879S1-0000revPrintz.jpg

WoW...! There are some gorgeous coins being shown! Everyone, hands down!

I bought this coin a few short months ago from Hoot and, since it just got slabbed by PCGS as VF20, I figure that it's deserving to be shown again. thumbsup2.gif

1627955-1794LgCtstacked.jpg

1627955-1794LgCtstacked.jpg.69bc9c750e45fc261613c708c1569605.jpg