• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Im not ripping your coin at all, but you asked for opinions so I will give you mine; the coin appears to be an EF40 that had been previously dipped and subsequently retoned.

I was thinking that later part of Tom’s comments – dipped and retoned. I would add that in my limited experience, many people like this look and there is a good market for these types of toned coins.

Thats a nice looking cent and a nice photo as well.

Thanks. In my short time on this forum I have noticed many capable photographers here, and you are certainly among them. BTW, the coin came back as MS64 RB, though the reverse is full red. Here is another shot, this one is straight out of the camera...

1964lincolnfr2vm4.jpg

Just arrived in the mail from Teletrade today. Cherrypicked it from the date position as the details were not clear for the variety, though I was sure of the doubling of the inside top of the upper loop of the 8 and pretty sure of the doubling on the 2. This is an excellent example and a really good grade for this variety. (I think my other one of this VAM is an AG.)

TT Lot

Here are my QX3 shots of the date digits:

8.jpg8a.jpg9.jpg2.jpg2a.jpg

Be careful of moisture in something that big ... Ints going to collect it along with your coinage smile.gif

Yes one of the first things I will do it check for moisture. If need be I will put a dehumidifier in it. Chad the safe is just over 5 feet tall. 2 1/2 feet wide and about the same deep. Its a nice safe. Not cheap but well worth it!

Its heavy enough as is. I can mount it, but I would have to break the tile. I will pass. They will not make off with it full of coins. 800 plus pounds. Thats just a guess. The safe itself is about 500 lbs. Oh and there are not basements in this area.

Which means all it takes to steal it is three strong men and a dolly. I suggest that you bolt that baby in.

Remeber it was empty. Add in the weight of the coins and you are not getting it anywhere.