• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,908 posts in this topic

Great coins everyone!

I like your CC Morgan Bruce and your new backrounds.

toyonakataro, very nice 41s Walker. I wish I had that one smile.gif

Cladiator, Very nice!

Mike, Congrats on the new Lens smile.gif

All these purdy coins. Need some gold for balance. Picked these up right before Christmas. yay.gif

1889O.jpg1889R.jpg

1898O.jpg1898R.jpg

Both NGC MS-61's, both have nice toning, but you may not be able to tell from these picks too well.

All these purdy coins. Need some gold for balance. Picked these up right before Christmas. yay.gif

Both NGC MS-61's, both have nice toning, but you may not be able to tell from these picks too well.

I do love gold. thumbsup2.gif

The Barber quarter looks like a proof, Bob, would you mind sharing your grade with us? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif
Not at all. NGC PF 63 Cameo

1911NGC320.jpg

Edited to show holder

Edited by robec1347

These are both NGC PF. The dime is a 64 and he half is a 62. I don't know, there seems to be an abundance of hairlines on both coins. I've had coins come back in bb's with the same or less amount of lines. I think it just reinforces a few posts I received about the slabbers not always being so accurate. But anyway, here they are.

62pf64Aobv1a223-1.jpg62pf64Arev1a224-1.jpg

1862PF62obv1227-1.jpg

1862PF62rev1228-1.jpgsmile.gif

Some super sweet additions posted by all! 893applaud-thumb.gif Congrat's!!!!! This one arrived yesterday for my Type Set. Pic taken with one 75W Halogen Lamp. The slab picture is with two 13W OTT-LITES.

DSCN2069A.jpg

1946walkinglibertyslabobv1.jpg

1946walkinglibertyslabrev.jpg

Boiler, that's the prettiest bust half dime I've ever seen so far. All I can say is WOW

MS66?

LeeG

I like your walker,too. Whitch image is more accurate in person? I personally like the first image better.

LeeG

I like your walker,too. Whitch image is more accurate in person? I personally like the first image better.

This is hard for me to put into words because I'm no expert on the nuances of the different lighting spectrums but both are correct. The Halogen brings out the colors of the coin better than the OTT-LITE's. The Halogen pic is a little darker than the acutal coin because it's such a bright light that it has alot of glare bouncing off the coin. I couldn't get the lamps of OTT-LITE's close enough to the coin to show the lustre and color better because of the glare it would add to the slab. Hopefully mgoodm3 or MikeInFl might be able to explain this better than I can? Or tell me I'm full of it. crazy.gif

toyo- The half dime is a 64 and accurately graded as such. There are 2-3 ticks on the ovbverse that limit the grade but the eye appeal is outstanding and the coin is actually nicer in hand. Phil nailed the colors in the image but the luster glows through the toning creating tremendous eye appeal. Here is a new bust half from the same submission and presumably on it's way back from PCGS? Not nearly as nice as the half dime but technically the same grade.

1827_bust_half_trueview.jpg

The first two of these Walkers are new and the third is a Walker that I've never posted on this forum before except showing my good friend Supertooth.

41dicg64.jpg

6-1.jpg

42ppcgs64.jpg

hfgxh.jpg