• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Victor here is a scan of the reverse but the coin is holdered at a slight angle so my poor scan is even worse than normal!

j1586r184.jpg

Here is the same design in copper

P1587.jpg

And here is the complete set laugh.gif

Morgan_dime_composite.jpg

The Judd book lists them as high R6 to low r7 loosely translated 7-20 minted. I personally feel that 12 is as good a mintage figure as any.

I had an offer I couldn't refuse last October on the complete set but it looks like I may be starting over laugh.gif I had no intention of of repeating the process but this coin brought back so many memories of the "chase" I couldn't say no. confused.gif

Not as cool as Boiler's, but this is my new coin:

frankie.jpg

AmandaView™ Franklin Commem. smile.gif

Only sad bit is that it's a get well present. frown.gif

-Amanda

Don't worry Amanda, none of us can ever keep up with Boiler...

I like that half dime in your sig...Is it new?

Thanks, not new per se, but a new image I was pleased with. smile.gif

halfdimebust.jpg

Hope it's okay if I post it. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

-Amanda

Zach, It is not a problem coin -- my comments were a tongue-in-cheek dig at gmarguli who said in another thread that the new ANACS has nothing but problem copper. IMHO, the above coin is exactly what you should be looking for in a circulated matron head large cent -- great color, luster consistent with the grade, a nice strike, and no distracting marks, hits, or spots...Mike

Zach, It is not a problem coin -- my comments were a tongue-in-cheek dig at gmarguli who said in another thread that the new ANACS has nothing but problem copper. IMHO, the above coin is exactly what you should be looking for in a circulated matron head large cent -- great color, luster consistent with the grade, a nice strike, and no distracting marks, hits, or spots...Mike

Oh, that went right over my head the first time 'round... blush.gif

After I asked the board here about copystands, I decided to ask my step-father what he knew about them. To my surprise he said that he owned one that he was no longer using and would like for me to have it. He dropped this off just this week. I couldn’t believe my luck – a free copystand!

stand.jpg

I’m eager to try it out but there have been a couple of work issues that required my attention beyond my usual work hours. Hopefully, I’ll get a chance to test it out tomarrow cool.gif