• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,915 posts in this topic

l1898o47.jpg

James, it is absolutely gorgeous! It looks better in hand than in your photo. (This isn't intended to demean your photographic ability.) But, I think you have underestimated the depth of the mirrors. Maybe it was due to the slab. I'm tempted to crack it out because it doesn't deserve to be confined. If I do, I'll be sure to post some reflective pictures.

I have always appreciated your candor and honesty, and that is why I like doing business with you. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks,

Chris

James, it is absolutely gorgeous! It looks better in hand than in your photo. (This isn't intended to demean your photographic ability.) But, I think you have underestimated the depth of the mirrors. Maybe it was due to the slab. I'm tempted to crack it out because it doesn't deserve to be confined. If I do, I'll be sure to post some reflective pictures.

Chris, triple => thumbsup2.gif! I am delighted to hear that you like it.

Since it is now your recent acquisition, I look forward to seeing your version of the coin imaged here now. I'm am glad the coin has found a new and caring home!

For those who don't know, Chris was kind enough to buy this coin from me, and I had commented about how I wasn't so sure it was DMPL by today's standards. However, I also thought it was undergraded by a point, leading me to believe that ANACS compromised on a grade of MS-63 DMPL.

The previous owner of the coin dated all his slabs, so we know for a fact that this one was slabbed sometime in early 1991 or before, and I for one believe ANACS was more conservative at that time than any service is today.

Chris, thanks again for the transaction!!

James

<< Now to get the coins to go with it! >>

No kidding. The book is the easy part! tongue.gifsmile.gif

I am sure there are a few board member including myself who would be willing to help you out. Feel free to PM me with Washington Quarter questions. I will be happy to look at a potenial purchase for you.

Is there a "Complete Guide to Peace Dollars?"

Here are some I've heard about either through this board or across the street. I haven't yet acquired or even seen any of them, but the first one is supposedly the best reference book. It also, unfortunately, is the most expensive. The last time I looked it was about $70 or more.

1) Comprehensive Catalog And Encyclopedia Of Morgan and Peace Dollars, Fourth Edition by Leroy C. Van Allen & A. George Mallis

2) The Morgan and Peace Dollar Textbook, by Wayne Miller

3) The Comprehensive U.S. Silver Dollar Encyclopedia, by John W. Highfill

Is there a "Complete Guide to Peace Dollars?"

Here are some I've heard about either through this board or across the street. I haven't yet acquired or even seen any of them, but the first one is supposedly the best reference book. It also, unfortunately, is the most expensive. The last time I looked it was about $70 or more.

1) Comprehensive Catalog And Encyclopedia Of Morgan and Peace Dollars, Fourth Edition by Leroy C. Van Allen & A. George Mallis

I have this book, it cost $70.00 with more than 500 pages, excellent images and is predominately Morgan but does have some Peace Dollar info.

Edited to add: IGWT is going to get us, we have gotten off topic.

Cracked out of an ICG AU53 Holder.

Top Image >>>This is what my camera sees with Low Light. Nothing but cropped and sized.

1835obvrevpanll900xza4.jpg

Bottom image with Medium Light is exactly what it looks like in hand except the underlying booming luster does not show in this image. Has a bronzy golden glow overall.Comments are welcome of course. Image only cropped and sized.

1835obvrevpanml900xup0.jpg

I'm a crackhead grin.gif

Seriously, I couldn’t get the image close in the ICG Holder and I did want it in an album, have replaced it with another and now I don’t know. Does that make any cents? confused-smiley-013.gif

Edited to add: It looked white inside the holder

Nice half Spider!! thumbsup2.gif I snagged this half from Wayne Herndon last Friday, arrived today. This one is from a group "bear" sold to Wayne. The 56 Lincoln I won off eBay from chinook today.

Img23835.jpg

Img23836.jpg

1956.jpg