• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

WHOA!!! 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif That is spectacular, John!!! hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Thanks Tom. This piece really is a nice example. I have always liked the design, and have seen quite a few over the years, but I have never seen one quite as nice as this one.

I’ll have to add it to my coins to show Tom list for the next time we see each other. grin.gif

John

Certainly Glad that I talked to Tom B the other night. Would have missed that wonderful 1921D Walker. What a wonderful 'original skinned' coin. Many folks don't pay much attention to coins such as these. The grade just isn't high enough to satisfy them. But I bet, if I told them how truly RARE that coin was in that grade. Would bet if I told them how truly few are actually in higher grades---that are original pieces. Bet they would not believe me. But Tom, the challenge is now to find this same coin---5 points higher in grade---in a 1919D. Bob [supertooth]

I thought you only collect one doller coins in decent conditions.

Yes, I do, some decent, some junk. This is my 16-dollar collection that I just finished. The Pillar Dollar is included, as it is an important part of American History.

1737 Pillar Dollar, from DLRC

1776 Continental Dollar, from Heritage

1795 Flowing Hair Dollar, Heritage

1797 Bust Dollar, small eagle, Heritage

1798 Bust Dollar, large eagle, Larry Whitlow

1852 Pattern "Gold" Dollar, Heritage

1866 Seated Liberty Dollar, Heritage

1876 Trade Dollar, Heritage

1888 Morgan Dollar, Larry Whitlow

1900 Lafayette Dollar, Heritage

1926 Peace Dollar, Heritage

1976 Bicentennial (Ike) Dollar, raw junk

1979 SBA Dollar, raw junk

1986 Silver Eagle Dollar, DLRC

2000 Sacagawea Dollar, raw junk

2006 Franklin Dollar, from a CU board member

ER100dollarsplus1.jpg

Edited: Oops, forgot to add the SAE.

Edited by ER

Hello Guys----Not my pictures but if anyone would like to see a really nicely struck 1940S Walker----try this number on Ebay-- 130024812545. Just got it today on a buy--it---now. I rarely buy a slabbed coin but then again you rarely see a 40S with full finger and thumb separation either. Reverse looks nice too. Bob [supertooth]

Been paying Heritage since May on this group. Made my final payment on Tuesday and the arrived via FEDEX yesterday. "Great Job by Eric Thomas at Heritage!!!!!!"

Img23544A.jpg

Img23553A.jpg

Img23547A.jpg

I'm certain Lee knows this, but others might not be familiar with this issue so I will share with them that the Maine is one of the toughest commems to find with substantial and attractive toning on it. That is a really nice coin.

I'm certain I know this, but Lee might not be familiar that the board policy of posting attractive Draped Bust halves is that they must then be sent to me. Thanks, Lee! thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

I'm certain Lee knows this, but others might not be familiar with this issue so I will share with them that the Maine is one of the toughest commems to find with substantial and attractive toning on it. That is a really nice coin.

I'm certain I know this, but Lee might not be familiar that the board policy of posting attractive Draped Bust halves is that they must then be sent to me. Thanks, Lee! thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Thanks Tom. "Very Happy" with this group!!!!!!!!! cloud9.gif

Don't know if I quite agree with the board poicy on Draped Bust Halves though wink.gif

Thanks Winstonware smile.gif

I may disagree with Mark on some things but I have to say he did you Ok....Very sweet addition thumbsup2.gif

Edited to say,,, 893censored-thumb.gifing beautiful coin

Edited by MAULEMALL

Victor how much did that 1794 Cent set you back if you don't mind saying. PM will work as well.

$75 from a board member who looks an awefully lot like the photo below. crazy.gif

gorilla.jpg

p.s. I absolutely love the Barber half and Draped Bust large cent above! These are both outstanding, above average, eye-appealing, collector coins which have nowhere to go but up on the demand and price scale!

Is the half a 64 or a 65?