• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crack it open

9 posts in this topic

Was wondering about GSA 1884-cc /if i send to be graded .Should i have it craked open or have it graded in gsa slab .I have box and c of a just wondering

Personally, I'd crack it open because my display case is made for slab holders and wouldn't fit a GSA. If that's not an issue for you I'd leave it in. Just my humble opinion.

I'm not crazy about cracking out GSAs.

They simply don't need authentication.

Most collectors prefer them in the original packaging.

Unless you're certain of getting an exceptionally high grade, why not just leave it be?

I think your right jazzy, i can't see it grading ms-66 because of bag marks. But i've seen coin's that look marked worse grade 63-65 .Only one spot on chin ,wish ihad camara hooked up to show because at certain angles mark just looks like part of cameo. Thanks for your insight

I'd agree to leave it and have it graded by NGC in the holder, if you wish to have it graded.

Hoot

If you wish your coin to join the thousands of other cracked out GSA CC's that flood the market---then crack away. Otherwise send it to NGC for in-holder grading.

leave it as is

a greag coin in an historical case

if it aint broke dont fix it

since ngc sdoes not guarantee the grade of banded gsa holdered graded and banded by ngc and the coin is not a gem or superb gem do not waste your time or monry leave it as is where is

if it aint broke dont fix it makepoint.gif