• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unusual Silver Coin/Token?

5 posts in this topic

Maybe someone can help me out on this item? (my luck with my only good comic didnt turn up many replies confused.gif so here I am in the coin section!) This coin measures approx 1 11/16"dia, probably silver?, Has these words on the COIN: AVSTRA PROGENIES COELIS DEMITTLTVR ALTLS/ELISAB : CHRIST : ROMAN : AVGVSTA & c .... one.jpgtwo.jpgany ideas on value? origin? anything would be helpful! THANKS!! Larry

I think it is Austrian (Holy Roman Empire?). It is dated 1716.

I wish my Latin was stronger, the legends might be more meaningful to me. The design seems to suggest a birth or birth allegory (infant being presented to a woman by an angel as a gift from heaven). What is unclear to me is whether the birth is of a child or a new era, policy &c.

Hope this helps.

Birth commemorative medal for Duke Leopold born 1716, mother was Elisabeth Christine, princess of Brunswick-Wolfenbuttel, austria/german state. Values range $35-$100 in XF. Not real sure on value for this one. Mark Teller in Encino Ca, would know for sure.

TRUTH

Birth commemorative medal for Duke Leopold born 1716, mother was Elisabeth Christine, princess of Brunswick-Wolfenbuttel, austria/german state. Values range $35-$100 in XF. Not real sure on value for this one. Mark Teller in Encino Ca, would know for sure.

TRUTH

Thanks!!! That sure saved lots of time searching countless pages on the net!! 893applaud-thumb.gif thanks again for all that answered! Larry