• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Turnaround time torture

12 posts in this topic

OK, is this the right place to post this? Can I share my continuously growing anxiety and impatience about my submissions? How long does it REALLY??? take??? and how long after something goes to quality control do you find out how it was graded?

I just can't take it any longer...

893blahblah.gifsign-rantpost.gifmakepoint.giffrustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

Supposedly when people start talking about how long their coin submissions take Dena bumps the submission back to the stage the order was in before. gossip.gif

However if your submission is one of comics and you start talking about turnaround times Arch will take them to the bathroom as reading material. blush.gif

Of course if your submission is sports cards or paper money and you start talking about turnaround times your submission gets used as firewood. 893whatthe.gif

poke2.gif

Depends on what service level. If it was Economy, you may wait 4 business days. If it is Express, you'll likely see it within 1 business day.

What do there turnaround times really mean anyway? I had an Early Bird take over a month to even show as received, let alone get graded. But there's a lot more to that story, to be fair to NGC.

When discussing it with them I was told plainly these time frames are merely guidlines, so generally no compensation for being way off on the turnaround time.

What do there turnaround times really mean anyway? I had an Early Bird take over a month to even show as received, let alone get graded. But there's a lot more to that story, to be fair to NGC.

I assume there is a lot more to the story. NGC is very good about entering the coins into their system. I'd say that 95%+ of the coins I've sent them show up in the system the day they are received.

When discussing it with them I was told plainly these time frames are merely guidlines, so generally no compensation for being way off on the turnaround time.

Yep. NGC does not have guaranteed turnaround times. However, it's been my experience that they hit their estimates withing 1-2 days most of the time.

And guarantees are not that meaningful if you don't stand behind them. Just look at PCGS and their guarantee full of lies and tricks.

well, two out of 5 coins finalized today. One of the two that I was fairly certain would crossover from an anacs holder didn't and the other, also anacs, which I thought might not cross, and if it did, grade lower, actually crossed at a higher grade. I just do not understand this. I phoned them and was told 'it didn't make the grade'...I believe that is just what the person on the phone robotically said, quite honestly. Even if it 'didn't make the grade'...I'm not convinced that I can take the person on the phone as giving me anything but a rote answer.

Honestly, the person on the phone probably knows nothing more. They don't have the coin in hand and quite possible know very little about coins. All they can tell you is what their computer screen is telling them - that the coin didn't meet the grade. When you get the coins back there will be a sticker on the coin that didn't crossover with a quick blurb about why. It's possible that the coin would have graded lower or gotten bodybagged. I've had crossovers come back with a sticker saying things like "residue on reverse - ships sail". I had one come back recently with "this coin would have graded lower at NGC - mark on the sun".

Thanks for the input. I look forward (sic) to getting my coin back so I can find out why...

By the way, Greg, my 84 year old barber sends his regards...

Oh...why do they put MS in the column they normally put the grade if they're canning coin?

I don't think they have a standard data entry when a coin no-grades. They just type in whatever, it seems. I've had them put in nothing, a dash, "MS", and even "99," when it was a no-grade.