• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fake ANACS holder?

11 posts in this topic

Hey, you're back! hi.gif

I went to ANACS's website and the holder in the auction isn't anything like the one on their site. I'd say it's fake or an experimental label of some sort.

Hey, you're back! hi.gif

I went to ANACS's website and the holder in the auction isn't anything like the one on their site. I'd say it's fake or an experimental label of some sort.

Yes,stopped in for the weekend. hi.gif

I was wondering if it was an experimental lablel,but as someone across the street mentioned,the label looks crumpled...

Hayden

Hey guys, the color saturation was tweaked to make the coin look better, thus "purpling" the ANACS holder insert.

Relax.

Still, I wouldn't touch the thing with a ten foot pole. (Don't trust that new holder for tamperproofness)

Unless it's some strange effect of the camera/flash/lights, the area around the grade has at least 2-3 noticeable wrinkles (11 o'clock from the V is the most prominent).

Unless it's some strange effect of the camera/flash/lights, the area around the grade has at least 2-3 noticeable wrinkles (11 o'clock from the V is the most prominent).

Absolutely correct.....when shot straight on like in the close up the wrinkles aren't visable but when angled in the far away shot you can see them clearly.....don't know that the wrinkles make the slab fake...could have been shoddy handling while inserting the lable at ANACS. I agree that the color is off due to problems with the white balance and possible hue adjustments by the seller.....probably unintentional.....we can't all image coins like Hayden shy.gif