• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC holder insert with incorrect variety attribution or description

4 posts in this topic

I have some NGC holdered Capped Bust Halves where the insert has attribution errors. What do I need to do to get them corrected, and what would it cost me?

Some insert errors are simply the wrong Overton number, while others show things like "large 8" when in fact it should be "small 8", or "Large letter" instead of "Small letter", or "Curl 2" instead of "Square 2". The value of the coin can vary considerably based on the above mentioned insert descriptions.

Send the coins to NGC as mechanical errors. They will be corrected. NGC does not charge for this service.

Jay Turner

NGC Grader and Attributor

Are mechanical errors regraded or is the label just corrected? I just returned a mislabeled 2004-S Clad Florida quarter graded PF-70 UC (it was labeled WI on the slab).

Mechanical errors are checked to make sure the grade is correct. If any change were to occur then the owner of the coin would be notified.

Jay Turner

NGC Grader and Attributor