• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walker Lovers----Are These Die Cracks Rare??

3 posts in this topic

Hello Folks----Heck, I am supposed to know my Walkers. But, in all my years of collecting them, I have never seen die cracks like as are on this 1920 that I just purchased. Have seen small cracks from the mint mark to the rim and Bruce Fox says there are slight cracks on some dates between the numbers of the date. He even mentions a crack as being possible on the 1921---but I have never seen one. But this coin has two prominent cracks---one thru the OF---and the other thru the R of Dollar. Was wondering if any of you could comment on this issue of die cracks on Walkers and if any of you have seen any as extensive as these two are on this 1920? This 1920 also appears to have had some 'collar' issues when it was struck. Wonder if both problems are related? Morgans seem to be full of die cracks---but not Walkers. Comments and opinions are most welcome. I will add the second die crack on another post. Maybe one of you could put them together for me? Bob [supertooth]

1183824-1920-PRev.Walker-OF.jpg.298dcbba3c04aa3a755afa793e73e3f3.jpg

I have not noticed any on my set from 1933-1947. That is hardly enough evidence, however, for an informed opinion on the early years.