• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1878 7/8 vam42 how rare ms61 ngc

what is and how rare?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. what is and how rare?

4 posts in this topic

I just stared collecting and really like the morgans my wife won me a 1883-s in a coin game then i came across a redbook and saw price at ms-65 and was hooked my coin is not very good shape but as a gift from her it is my treasure i stared going to coin shops and buying coins alot of good to vg coins really like some of toned ones i only have one got some cc too a1878-cc in good / a1882-cc in vg /and a beautiful gsa 1884-cc really was nice to get read about 1884 cc horde of 64 but thats ok i like that coin alot been seeing alittle about VAMS /dont know much .got one of them 1878 7/8 vam 42 7/7 ngc ms-61 really like it alot i guess that is enouth of my babble how rare is vam 42?

Not sure how to take your poll but, VAM-42 get quite expensive above MS-64 so that is probably a good indicator. At MS-61 looks like a couple hundred is most. Seems to put it above average in cost.

I'm learning same kind of things as you...best of luck and enjoy.

Regis

According to the NGC Census, there are 26 that have graded higher of the 32 listed and MS65 is the highest grade. The VAM Encyclopedia doesn't cite any special significance for the VAM42.

Chris

This is really ironic as my MS-63 NGC certified 1878 7/8 arrived at local dealer late this afternoon. It is beautiful and I purchased at fair price. Now I'm pulling for them to get even rarer wink.gif.

Regis