• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

will my packaging error be worth more , or not at all?

7 posts in this topic

in my log , or journal , i discussed how i felt i had recieved a lucky find , what had happened is i found in my 1996 mint set ,, the small package that holds the 1996 w dime, there were 2 enclosed, i put a picture of it in my journal for you to see, my question to you is will it increase its value? , or am i just lucky to get 2 for the price of one? or well , any comments or any peice of information on the topic would be helpful , i am new here , and have only been collecting for just over a year. thank you for your time. Bill

96wdime333.jpg

A few years back I was offered some at 2 bucks each , book value on an MS 65 is 17.00 now....and I say they could be had for less

I've heard and read numerous times that packaging errors do not command any sort of premium. I recall one year that the silver proof set was sent out with a COA for the clad proof set. I watched eBay when a few insufficiently_thoughtful_persons (polite description) attempted to hawk these as major mint errors to no avail.

Since you got two for the price of one, you're ahead of the game. However, if the Mint had inserted a nickel to go with those two dimes and left out one of the states quarters, I think I would complain.

Chris

The prevailing wisdom is that packaging errors are not worth a premium. HOWEVER, personal experience has shown that something like what you show here IS worth a premium on the open market, though you'd have a tough time finding a dealer willing to pay extra.

I believe what you are showing here would in fact bring a premium bid on eBay, for example.

James