• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling PMG GEM Unicirculated Notes

5 posts in this topic

Only buy PMG graded notes! (I can only speak for large size currency as this is my area of focus)

The reason is simple: Every dealer knows that PMG graded notes go for a premium over unslabbed notes.

If they are selling you an unslabbed note it is overgraded. Don't get fooled into thinking you are getting a great deal on an unslabbed large size note. Dealers aren't stupid, they would have had the note slabbed if it would have made the grade!

This is one of the biggest mistakes I see new (and even veteran) collectors make.

At Kingcurrency.com our notes are graded by the most trusted grading company: PMG

theking.jpg

Well, here we go again: another thread by the same author with basically the same content. I visit this thread out of curiosity and wishing to increase my knowledge, I wanted to know exactly what are " unicirculated " notes. Oh well, if this thread goes as the others I won't learn a whole lot but will have attempted to do so.

Only buy PMG graded notes! (I can only speak for large size currency as this is my area of focus)

The reason is simple: Every dealer knows that PMG graded notes go for a premium over unslabbed notes.

If they are selling you an unslabbed note it is overgraded. Don't get fooled into thinking you are getting a great deal on an unslabbed large size note. Dealers aren't stupid, they would have had the note slabbed if it would have made the grade!

This is one of the biggest mistakes I see new (and even veteran) collectors make.

At Kingcurrency.com our notes are graded by the most trusted grading company: PMG

theking.jpg

I disagree completely. Most every currency collector and dealer I speak with prefers ungraded currency. Many, many graded notes are overgraded, misattributed and not correctly identified for problems. Most collectors prefer to be able to feel, smell and touch the notes as well as check for alterations. Ebay is a gread dumping ground for graded notes, but the true collectors will not purchase a note unless they are able to hold it.

TRUTH