• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Latest purchase

8 posts in this topic

WOW, this may sound crazy, but it's my favorite date and type in the entire Saint series! Not sure why, but I've always singled out the 1908-D w/m as my favorite coin.

I'll guess at least MS-63, although the image is somewhat fuzzy. On aesthetic merits, looks like a sweet coin.

James

Thanks James, it is graded MS-63, though with the distracting bag mark on the reverse above the eagle as well as the black spot on the obverse (look in the folds of the robe above stars 1 & 2) I think this one is graded a point too high. Not sure what I want to do with it yet, let's just say when I opened it and looked at it I didn't get my usual sense of elation and happiness to add this one to my set.

That is a beautiful coin.

Somewhere I read a post sometime back about a man who had stored a Gold coin such as yours in his safety deposit box. This coin had a spot on it and to protect it from further damage he placed it in a small individual Intersept Shield holder and returned it to the safety deposit box. After 2 years of storage he was surprised to find the spot had disappeared.

Well, I just don't like this coin, so I am returning it. There is no sense in owning a coin you don't particularly like, especially a more common date issue! Back to searching again!

May I ask where you bought it and how much? I'm interested in it.

To me, it is clearly better than MS-63, and the black spot doesn't bother me in the slightest. To the contrary, it's presence is evidence that the coin has not been "improved".

James

James, I sent you a PM, please let me know one way or the other if you are interested (PM or e-mail at jtryka@yahoo.com), as I plan on shipping it back first thing tomorrow morning.