• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I think I need......................

21 posts in this topic

1169922-IMG_0270.JPG1169922-IMG_0271.JPG

1169922-IMG_0274.JPG1169922-IMG_0275.JPG1169922-IMG_0276.JPG1169922-IMG_0277.JPG

.........a better lighting set-up and a copy stand. I like Shane's lighting. He is really good at capturing the toning. I don't want to build a copy stand. I'm too lazy for that. Can anyone suggest a site where I can shop for one?

Chris

1169922-IMG_0277.JPG.d3bc6799dc616e8edf38c8b46378550d.JPG

B&H copy stands start off at $30.

For a little under $300 you can get something nice.

B&H? Could you be a little more specific? Where?

Thanks, Larry!

Chris

B&H copy stands start off at $30.

For a little under $300 you can get something nice.

B&H? Could you be a little more specific? Where?

Thanks, Larry!

Chris

B&H. You know, the place I gave you the link to.

Oh yeah, you're welcome, again.

This is where I got mine.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

Yeah, but I don't want to spend $800-$1500. That's all they have there.

Chris

I assure you, if that's all they had there I wouldn't have bought mine there. Here's the one I bought.

Copy stand

You're welcome.

Now, that's more what I had in mind. I guess I just wasn't looking in the right place.

Thanks for your help.

Chris

Copy stand??? We don't need no stinkin copy stand sumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif

yay.gif

Hey, you're just a young whippersnapper. Wait until you get a little older and your hands start to shake just a bit.

Chris

This one is a really nice piece of equipment.

I bought it and made the base the size I wanted.

You can buy it without the heavy duty spring for a bit less.

If you use an SLR with a big lens, you might like this one.

Bencher copy stand

I forgot to say something cpm9ball

The images of the first medal are really great.

It may be a bit tough to improve on those.

I like the second medal the best. Wondering what you know about it? It's really cool but is the 2x2 hiding it's beauty and causing problems lighting it for the image?

I forgot to say something cpm9ball

The images of the first medal are really great.

It may be a bit tough to improve on those.

I like the second medal the best. Wondering what you know about it? It's really cool but is the 2x2 hiding it's beauty and causing problems lighting it for the image?

Thanks, Larry! The first medal is too big to put in any kind of holder so it is raw. My problem is with the lighting on this one. How can I eliminate the glare you see along the rim?

The second medal was designed by Etienne Exbrayat, 1879-1914, and was offered by the French newspaper Le Petit Parisien . Exbrayat died on the battlefield in World War I.

If anyone would like to see a very nice collection of medals, I suggest you check this site................

http://www.finemedals.com

Chris

The way I would get that glare out is to not have the light shine on the coin, but rather 2 lights just off to the side one on each side. Hope that helps

The way I would get that glare out is to not have the light shine on the coin, but rather 2 lights just off to the side one on each side. Hope that helps

I know you're right, Bruce. I'll just have to decide which equipment will be best for my needs.

Chris

I don't even use a copy stand, but I want to try one. I just use 2 OTT lights and a Tripod. Set one on each side of the coin and shot away ... I manage some decent shots..

18794ds.jpg

Thats one I took not to long ago