• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Bust Fever" (or something like that) - anyone read this book?

8 posts in this topic

It's ok. I haven't finished reading it. I think it was 60 something dollars, can't remember. I was expecting more from it, much more from what I heard, so I actually am a little dissapointed, but still would strongly recommend it.

bust half fever by edgar suoders

it is a freaking amazing wonderful book

it is the hail.gif bomb hail.gifcloud9.gif it should be required reading and a federal law that a collector has to read this book before they can buy a bust half thumbsup2.gif

The second edition of Bust Half Fevr by Edgar Souders was published in November by Money Tree Press. Despite the enduring popularity of the first edition (published eight or so years ago, if I remember correctly), there was only a limited print run for the second editon (I heard 150 copies). I believe the publication price was $80 or so, but I haven't seen the book for sale recently, so I don't know if it's easily available anymore.

The book covers the Capped Bust Halves. It's not a replacement for Overton, but rather sort of a companion. There's a lot more text and narrative about Bust Halves, their history, how to grade them, how to collect them, etc.

If you want to identify Bust Halves by Overton number, then BHF won't be for you. But, if you like a lot of "story" in your coin books, then BHF is a must have!

I just ordered my copy this afternoon through one of Amazon's affiliated dealers for $79.50 plus $3.49 postage. Can't wait for it to arrive!

There were many more than 150 copies of the second edition printed, I think that number came from a delivery or partial run number.

I have the first edition and it is enjoyable, but not hardcore for data.

For myself this is a great book. I kind of skip around and use it for reference as well. Just depends on what you're looking for I guess. I emailed from this site... For Bust Half Fever Second Edition and the author answered me right away. He mentioned he has a couple cases in his hands (this was in January) just for this sort of thing. He signed it, and shipped it to me right away.