• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not coin related but important to me

10 posts in this topic

While my birthday was on Wednesday, I will 'celebrate' by running the Palos Verdes Marathon tomorrow. I first ran it 35 years ago and this will be my first one since my knee surgery four years ago. I should be able to finish it if the body parts behave.

If you are in the area and see a guy in a very loud canary yellow Brasilian soccer jersey at the back of the pack, you've seen me.

Jeff

Best of luck to you Jeff. There are times I can't even run out to the car to get my ciggerettes. At 45, a smoker and 50lbs overweight, your live longer than I will.

Leo

Best of luck Jeff!

Never been a runner, always a walker. My longest: 31 1/2 miles in a day, 5500 feet elevation gain and loss.

I had knee surgery last year so that I could walk longer than 10 miles again without it hurting like mad. It worked! Great stuff they can do with body parts these days.

Hoot

Best of luck to you, Jeff. I was a long distance runner on my HS track team, but that seemed a very long time ago and during a previous life. I also never was able to muster enough stamina to run a marathon.

I hope your knee and everything else holds up and don't forget to eat lots of starch the night before!

EVP

Hey Jeff,

Good luck to you, a marathon is an impressive accomplishment!

Since we're sort of neighbors (I'm in Orange County) I'll keep my eye out!

-JamminJ

I would like to wish you the best of luck in running this marathon!!

And happy b-day!!!!!!!!!!!!1

mike

---------------------

dont forget! collect proof sets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Dude, you rock. I'm a runner as well and am working toward my first marathon. This past December I hung out with some friends at the Honolulu Marathon and had a great time. So good luck, fleet feet, and don't forget to apply petroleum jelly between your thighs before the race smirk.gif.

Beijim