• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lame Proof Set Bought - What should I do?

11 posts in this topic

So, I stupidly bought the 5 coin 2003 State Quarter Proof set, not bothering to read carefully (I really wanted the 10 coin 2003 Proof set, which comes out Monday). Now I have an extra proof set that I don't want. Would it be worthwhile trying to sell it? Would I get any of my money back? Do these sets sell out ever, so shoudl I wait?

Thanks

Bob, If you really dont want it, yes, you can send it back for credit. However, if you can afford to keep it, eventually the value will rise on the set!!

mike

------------------------

dont forget! collect proof sets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

As a dealer I have sold these sets although they don't sell as well as the 10 piece sets do. I would think that you could sell this to a local dealer for what you paid for it less the postage. There must be someone who wants to be the first to have these coins on their block.

If the set looks nice to you, submit the coins to NGC and flip them to collectors. If you believe there's a shot at a 70 in there, all the better.

Beijim

Return it or sell it even if you take a little loss. Get the full proof set that you really wanted.

Unless you are experienced at finding PR 70 Ultras I would not try to get it slabbed. I believe the odds are that you will lose more money this way as most coins won't go 70.

Well I've got three free NGC submissions when I joined the Collectors Society. I was going to use one on this 1854 dime I found (in rally bad shape), but maybe I should open up this Proof Set. I'm certainly not a coin grading expert though.

Hmmm....

You could always give it to me. grin.gif It would make you feel all tingly inside, I'll tell ya' what, you can even pay shipping. That would make you feel even more tingly. If your arm feels tingly though, that's not good, then your having a heart attack. grin.gifwink.gif

So, I ordered my 2003 Proof Set.

I'm sure you're all excited for me.

Thanks for everyone's advice!

Bob, So did I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mike

--------------------------- grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

dont forget!!!!! collect proof sets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!