• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A funny dealer story from across the street...

7 posts in this topic

Unfortunately it wasn't with coins...

I was at my local coin dealers shop(He also deals in jewelry) today when someone came in with a bowl for sale, he sold it to the dealer for a little above scrap silver value. Not an issue there...

A few minutes later, someone came in and wanted to buy the same silver bowl, apparently a noteworthy ultra cheap customer. The dealer weighed the bowl in front of him, saw the scrap amount, and raised the price a little above scrap. (So he could make some profit no doubt). The buyer then said "But that's above the price of scrap" The dealer then replied with "Yes, hold on." He threw the bowl onto the ground and jumped on it until it was like a garbage can lid, tossed it onto the other side of the table and said "Now you can have it for scrap prices". The buyer immediately walked outside and slammed the door.

I really tried hard to not laugh at the way the situation was handled, but the entire way home I replayed it in my head.

well we will call this collector extremely frugal with a dollar 27_laughing.gif

most all but not all coin dealers in the coin game are well hairless rats and the same with coin collectors in the coin game and in this stories case the collector was the hairless rat frustrated.gif

here's another good one from that thread

Another customer came in and she had a very nice urn that had her deceased husbands ashes in it. The urn was sterling silver but I told her I couldn't buy it with his ashes in it. She asked if she could use our bathroom. She went back, I heard the toilet flush and she came out with the empty urn. She said she never could stand him anyway so she flushed his ashes. Seems she walked away with close to 700 dollars for the urn.

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

But that's just not right...

It could have been worse. She could have said it was a powdered chocolate milk holder blush.gif