• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crossovers 101

4 posts in this topic

Sone of this should go in "Ask NGC" but what the hey...

Firstly, can I submit corssovers with raw material? Say... two slabbed coins and three raw ones, on the same order form? I'm out of submission forms and can't look it up. shocked.gif

Secondly, how can I pre-authorize NGC to send a coin across the hall to NCS to doctor it, then back to NGC for a slab if it meets NGC's standards, otherwise have NCS slab it, and charge accordingly?. (did that make any sense at all? blush.gif)

Thirdly, (and this one belongs in this forum), do you think NGC would be OK with telling them to cross at ANY grade? Point being, I'm not a Peace dollar grader by any stretch, and I have a grossly overgraded coin, all I want is to put this coin in a NGC holder with some kind of resonable grade. In this case, should I crack out the coin? I've had some bad experiences with cracking out coins from PCI/ICG type slabs and getting a... BodyBag! 893frustrated.gif

Firstly, can I submit corssovers with raw material? Say... two slabbed coins and three raw ones, on the same order form? I'm out of submission forms and can't look it up.

I think they have to go on separate invoices, but you can request that they be returned to you in one shipment.

Secondly, how can I pre-authorize NGC to send a coin across the hall to NCS to doctor it, then back to NGC for a slab if it meets NGC's standards, otherwise have NCS slab it, and charge accordingly?. (did that make any sense at all? )

It's better to send it to NCS directly and have them evaluate it for curation. They will provide a recommendation and will send it to NGC after all is said and done.

Thirdly, (and this one belongs in this forum), do you think NGC would be OK with telling them to cross at ANY grade? Point being, I'm not a Peace dollar grader by any stretch, and I have a grossly overgraded coin, all I want is to put this coin in a NGC holder with some kind of resonable grade. In this case, should I crack out the coin? I've had some bad experiences with cracking out coins from PCI/ICG type slabs and getting a... BodyBag!

You can do this with NGC (I've seen them answer this in their Ask NGC formum) but you have to be very clear and write on the invoice plainly, "Cross at any grade".

Hope this helps.

Hoot