• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about vending machines for coins?

4 posts in this topic

Like a candy vending machine. Put raw coins in 2X2's, or maybe proof sets, pay the money and watch the coins fall. But where to put the machines? Or will the entire vending machine get stolen on the first day? makepoint.gif

TRUTH

I've seen bubble gum dispensers filled with plastic eggs with coins (wheat cents, buffalos, the occasional Mercury, etc) at coin shops. They never seemed like they got a lot of action.

There was some guy a couple years ago selling coins this way from old cigarette machines. Paper said he was doing pretty well but it must have fizzled out.

There is one of those at a nearby WalMart to me. The "items" which include various other things as well as common date "junk" silver coins in 2x2s are one two or three turnstyles clamped on and drop down from there. I haven't seen the thing actually get used, but it looks like one of the "random prize" style machines... nothing that is controlable.