• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looks like NGC has gone to a new two-tier grading system...

8 posts in this topic

That is no JUNK silver coin, that is a CC morgan.

I think NGC is dumping whatever reputation they may have earned.

I also worry about the QC in the slabbing stages.

I have 3 NGC slabs with blantant errors in the slabbing process.

1. wrong mintmark

2. wrong date

3. wrong denomination

To make matters worse NGC wants you to pay for the shipping to return the coins for them to fix their mistake!

I wrote 2 polite letters asking about their QC. 2nd letter never got reply. All posts (so far) deleted.

What is going on here?

Huh?

To make matters worse NGC wants you to pay for the shipping to return the coins for them to fix their mistake!

Mistakes happen in any busineess. How they are dealt with has a big impact on how a consumer reacts. I would agree that in the case of an obvious error on NGC's part they should pay for shipping both ways. I've been shipped wrong items by mail order retailers before. The ones I continue to do business with send UPS over to pick up the wriong item at to charge to me.

For the sake of argument, let's say the error occurs on a $1000 value coin. The cost for insurance & return postage is not trivial. Why would I be expected to pay for that?