• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cross over question

4 posts in this topic

Hi

I would like to know when crossing over a coin from another service and the coin appears to be Cameo but the Slab (a more recent one) does not designate it as such, will NGC grade it as such if it warrents the designation? I have compared it to other Cameo Designations from NGC and they look the same to me. (I'm no professional grader though). Thanks in advance for any Information.

Ken Garippa

papag

When a coin is submitted to NGC for crossover it is fully evaluated for grade and designations such as cameo and ultra cameo. Depending on the requested grade from the submitter and the coin itself, if the coin were to merit crossing and the designation NGC will be crossed and designated as such.

Jay Turner

NGC Grader and Attributor

When a coin is crossed into an NGC holder from another holder, the insert is returned to the submitter of the coin. It is up to the submitter to return the inserts.

Jay Turner

NGC Grader and Attributor