• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

newbie with question

2 posts in this topic

hello I recently have gotten interested in buying the 2004 wisconsin leaf quarter and my question is the dealer I am dealing with has FORD certificate sets for sale which cost much more..however on ebay he had a complaint that the sets he was selling DID NOT match the certificate(numbers).They are ngc 3 coin sets and they come in ms65 and 64 .Now my real question from you is he telling me the truth when he says that the certificate's don't match the sets , sounds fishy to mebut i thought I would ask the experts.Please tell me about the ford sets before I buy

• Administrator

Thanks for your question. The Ford Wisconsin Quarter sets were Bob Ford’s personal coins. Ford is credited with the discovery of the leaf variety/errors in December of 2004. NGC did not issue any certificates other than our usual certification label sealed inside the holder, which reads, "BOB FORD WISCONSIN DISCOVERY SET," and details the grades of the corresponding coins. Note that there is no duplication of serial numbers, so each set is unique with respect to its NGC certification number. Questions about the paper certificates will need to be addressed to the company that issued them.