• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anaheim coin show and something that bugs me about certain dealers.

3 posts in this topic

Well, I attended the little Anaheim, Ca coin show at the Embassy Suites hotel. This is becoming a destination show for me to sell bits and pieces of coins. About 30 dealers, a couple of new faces. I usually sell everything for fair prices and pick up a bit of mexico here and there. I brought my little doggie Ruth to the show to keep me company. I arrived at about 12:30PM. Lightly attended but none the less, most dealers were eager to see new coins for sale. I brought some freshly graded NGC coins. Sold everything in 45 minutes. However, I had to ask nearly every dealer there, since some dealers were less of a buying mood than others. I again purchased a couple of better date mexican coins. A couple of dealer no shows because of the conflict with Las Vegas Union Plaza show. Buena park is next week, but it is officially off the list since the no notice cancellation fiasco a year or so ago.

Side note. If you are a dealer set up, you want to do business. Please understand that if you are offered nice, quality NGC coins, pulling out the blue sheet NGC bids will make you look foolish. This is a good market, and nearly everything of quality will trade near grey sheet levels or above. In addition, some NGC blue sheet bids have not changed in 2 years( one coin I offered had a NGC $450 bid price on a $700 coin. foreheadslap.gif )One dealer quoted "bluesheet is the market". I rolled by eyes.

TRUTH

I am always floored by the so-called "dealers" who LOOK at a coin, then LOOK at the bluesheet - when the bluesheet is for SIGHT UNSEEN. frustrated.gif

James

27_laughing.gif

What's the bluesheet? insane.gif