• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SAE Collectors Rejoice.....Maybe.....Maybe Not

4 posts in this topic

Did anyone catch the latest Numismatic News, March 7, announcement that the Mint will be issuing three new bullion sets in 2006? According to NN, two of the sets could include a Reverse Brilliant Uncirculated finish. There will be a 3-piece, one ounce Silver Eagle set; a 3-piece one-ounce Gold Eagle set; and a two-coin uncirculated set with a gold and silver Eagle. The 3-piece sets will include one proof-finish coin, one uncirculated and a third coin with a finish that has yet to be determined. It could be the newly announced finish. Currently, the Reverse Brilliant Uncirculated finish is in development and the Mint says it is similar to a "Reverse Proof", which shows the main design features mirrored against a frosted background.

I'll bet the cost will be a llittle steep, but at least it is a step in the right direction. For 20 years I have been wishing the Mint would start selling UNC Silver Eagles to collectors and not just the multi-million dollar bullion dealers.

Chris

It's not going to be another 95W but those that collect Silver Eagles will take a bit more notice than they did in 95.

I loved it, Coin World Editorial was filled with folks pissed at the mint for only offering the coin with the gold set.

What a great hobby. smile.gif

These will be interesting and costly sets. I wonder if they'll limit the mintage?

Hoot

Most likely,and then as they so often do cut the mintage in half again so that the little guy gets pushed out. sign-rantpost.gif