• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

... and another bust! (Caution: DIALUPPERS)

12 posts in this topic

James, Wonderful half! cloud9.gif

Fantastic strike, I always like to see sharp detail in all the stars.

Lee, I like yours a lot too, another well struck, original looking coin, nice colors. thumbsup2.gif

Also that’s an interesting die crack by the date, I think die cracks add character to any coin.

There is simply no other series that gives you the bang for the buck that Bust halves do. They are historic, beautiful, affordable, available, desirable, each example is unique, and they are just plain OLD - history in your hands!. And it is possible for the normal collector of average means to actually COMPLETE a date set. Only the 1815 sets you back a few bucks. And you don't have to purchase slabbed coins!

I recommend this series to everyone.

k183217.jpg

James

stman, please eMail me at James@EarlyUS.com.

Thanks for all the compliments. The image represents the actual coin pretty much right on. As always, the luster is much nicer in person.

Whenever you see an 1809 with those multiple die-scratch segments on the back above the eagle, you know it's an O-102. The segments were caused by the die striking a screw (most likely), thus imparting the scratches onto the die surface itself, and therefore a ghostly negative-image onto every coin subsequently struck.

James