• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New member w/ Questions

4 posts in this topic

Ok sorry about this but I am new. I just wanted to know what I should send the coins in or not to send them in. I mean should I just send them in 2x2's or the round plastic holders? Also someone once told me that if you send in a coin that is dirty, that they can do something to them to make them look better, which I thought was not true. Another question is what should I put on the form if I am sending a coin that could be a variety, say like a SBA type II, but I don't know if it is or not. Last question is when do you get your membership stuff in the mail. I join the club around 2-13 and haven't received anything. I also joined PCGS and received their stuff in like 3 days. Just wondering if I should contact someone or if it just takes awhile.

Again sorry if these are stupid questions but I am new.

Thanks everyone.

Hi and welcome. First coins should be submitted in hard plastic flips, not 2x2. If submitted in a plastic holder such as a capsule there will be a removal fee charged.

If you want your coins conserved they must be sent to our sister company NCS. You can find all the information you need on their website http://www.ncscoin.com/

1979 S and 1981 S Proof Types are designated automatically and at no charge. It is not necessary for you to list the types if you don’t already know them.

If you contact costumer service at 1-800-NGC-COIN they will look into your membership.

When a coin is sent to NCS it is examined to see if conservation would benefit the coin. If conservation would benefit the coin, then the coin will be conserved, if not the coin will be graded, if it can be, if not then depending on what is chosen rejected or certified and encapsulated by NCS.

For more questions about NCS, there is an Ask NCS board.