• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nice little find in a bag of Wheats

5 posts in this topic

One of my enjoyments of coins is getting a bag of 5000 wheat cents and going through them. I can get them at least somewhat unsearched (not completely by any stretch, but they aren't "worthless" bags by any stretch) for about $150 from the shop local to me and I enjoy the hunt.

I generally pull anything that books for a quarter or better for 2x2s and pitch the rest in bags (not sure what I plan to do with them later as of right now though).

Anyway, found this little gem so far among others I plan to scan in.

165314-1945WheatObv.JPG.a2fc7867018ecce3e507f0c0b75d6ff4.JPG

Whoa...is that my missing double cent? You can tell by the date....it has 1945 on it.

At a boy......I will gladly send you a self addressed package so you can send my long lost penny back to its rightful owner.

Good going!!! I once in a great while will do the penny hunt, but when you start needing a glass just to check dates, it gets old real quick.

I usually roll up the later dates and hock them to dealers at shows for 1.5-2 cents each. I keep pre-1933's for myself and any of the later dates that are AU's.